Instrument cluster Dead

Anything is possible - and some important connector, even somewhere else on the vehicle could be the cause - or it could be a bad dash module.

If you've tried the obvious, I suggest a visit to a GOOD dealer. You'd think that a diagnosis might take an hour . . . . . and if it is a fuse you didn't notice or an unplugged connector it could be resolved during the session - if it is something more serious . . . . eBay and scrap years in general can be your friend.

I'll assume you have no warranty left for this type of problem?

• 2 months later...

2013 Dodge Journey Crew  mileage ~ 26,000miles -  In Oct of 2015 the battery began to die when the car was left parked over a weekend. I checked for possible electrical leaks such as lights left on, etc. Nothing. The Dealer said it was a glitch not the vehicle or the alternator and they charged up the battery. The same thing began to happen on a regular basis (dead battery) until finally even AAA had a hard time getting the battery to take a charge when I had them haul it into the dealer again. Finally in April of 2016 the dealer said it was a bad cell in the battery and they gave me a new battery for free. I knew they were wrong, but not being a person who can work on cars I had no choice but to take their word. Finally 4 weeks later,  after the Memorial Day holiday weekend (May 2016),  the "new" battery  was once again completely dead requiring AAA to come pull the car out of my garage and this time I took it to another dealer who said it was the instrument cluster malfunctioning. They said it would take 7 days to fix because the cluster had to be ordered from "headquarters" and my old information had to be down loaded into it. That was 4 months ago and they have not been able to get a new instrument cluster from Chrysler. I filed a complaint with Chrysler Customer Care who assigned me an account number and I speak to them every week along with speaking to the dealership here weekly for the past 4 months. They say there are no new instrument clusters available anywhere.

The dealership says they keep ordering the part but there are none to be had from "the distributor". A Chrysler customer care representative calls me every week to report that there are no parts available. Meanwhile the car has been sitting at the second dealership for 4 months while I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem and why Chrysler is not making parts for a 3 year old car and will I ever get that car back?

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone else have any ideas on what to do?   

Edited by Turandot