Coming from a Dodge Dart, I used a flash drive that had a fair amount of music on it (~2800 songs). In my 2016 Journey though, I'm having issues getting it to play most of the songs, it's only showing 240 songs when I try to put it on shuffle. Even when I go to play a specific song, most times it won't play at all even though it shows up in the folder. What am I missing here? I figured coming from Uconnect in my Dart to Uconnect in the Journey would be a smooth transition, but it's not going that way with my music. Any help is appreciated!

These stupid new radios only accept a 32GB SD card, so maybe it is the same with the USB Stick. Does the Dart have the same radio as the DJ?

Are you using iTunes? My SD card runs much better with WMP.

Edited by dhh3

These stupid new radios only accept a 32GB SD card, so maybe it is the same with the USB Stick. Does the Dart have the same radio as the DJ?

Are you using iTunes? My SD card runs much better with WMP.

You may be right, the size of the flash drive might be my issue (64gb). The radio I had in my Dart was the 8.4" and my DJ has the 4.3", so I'm not sure how similar the 2 are on the inside. I just assumed that both systems running with Uconnect would behave the same. I'm going to see if I can dig up a 32gb flash drive and give it a try. I'll report back.

Ok, so my update! I loaded a bunch of music on a 32gb flash drive (down from a 64gb one) using the WMP sync method and so far my issues have mostly been resolved. Some albums are still coming up as "Unknown", but not many. I'll just have to play around with the file names to make them all work right (OCD driving me crazy)!

Talk about OCD: I'm pissed that all of my album art does not display! I hate that generic music note. It screams at me, "Look at me; I'm a POS!"

Damn man, same i swear !!!! pissing me off, sucks! In jeep's 8.4N, it works with artwork! such a shame for FCA!

Well it turns out there are more albums then I thought that come up as Unknown Artist. Also, when I shuffle all songs I consistently get the same album come up about 5 times out of 20 songs about. Getting the same album come up that much when I have 1700+ songs is insane. This is frustrating! How can a car this new get the shuffle feature so wrong?! Do I just need to invest in an iPod, or are these issues still present using an iPod too?

There are issues with an iPod. Uconnect only supports up to iOS7.1. I specifically hunted down an iPod with iOS7.1 and still could not get it to work as promised. I can not shuffle all my songs, like on my iPod (I'm using an SD card in the car). I pick an Artist, select Play All and it will shuffle songs from all that Artist's CDs. That's it!

I WANT MY MYGIG BACK!

Edited by dhh3

All Uconnect would tell me is that Album Art MUST be a JPEG. However, Uconnect will not recognize any art from 2011 on. When I get some time, I'm going to go down the list of all art on my SD card, and write down the ones that are missing. I'll scan in the actual CD cover, and save it as a JPEG, and see if I can replace this art with what is already on WMP. Then I'll erase the SD Card, and copy WMP back on it and see if that solves the missing art issue.

All Uconnect would tell me is that Album Art MUST be a JPEG. However, Uconnect will not recognize any art from 2011 on. When I get some time, I'm going to go down the list of all art on my SD card, and write down the ones that are missing. I'll scan in the actual CD cover, and save it as a JPEG, and see if I can replace this art with what is already on WMP. Then I'll erase the SD Card, and copy WMP back on it and see if that solves the missing art issue.

Doesn't Uconnect use Gracenote? I think it does, and if so, it won't matter how you put the album art on the sd card. If the artwork isn't in the Gracenote database, you'll never have your album art display. At least that's the way it was in the Dart with the 8.4 screen.

Indeed it does and dhh3 knows this too. I don't know why he wrote what he did.

I use a 2nd gen iPod in my armrest and it works just fine with the system.

It WOULD be nice if FCA would release an update for Gracenotes. Then again it would also be nice if FCA would modify the way the backup camera works, leaving the camera active until the vehicle is shifted to drive or park, rather than immediately shutting off when you go to neutral.

In the meantime they are still supplying radios on new vehicles with the old Gracenotes database and presumably paying royalties for each vehicle delivered.

When you chat with them next you might want to ask the CSR to send the suggestion upstairs to eliminate Gracenotes from the firmware or at the very least to provide an option to use embedded artwork - it is unfair to owners to limit the display of artwork on a 2016 vehicle to 5 year old and older music.

I'm certain the code modifications wouldn't be all that complex, since there are public domain libraries of code for this sort of thing.

• 4 months later...
On 7/4/2016 at 3:53 AM, dhh3 said:

The C/S reps @ Uconnect are useless. Great suggestion, but I would be talking over their heads with it! I'm not calling them anymore. I'll try and see if I can fix this myself.

Did you get a fix for this? It's also driving me nuts that something as simple as reading the embedded artwork in an MP3 can't be done. It's a joke of a system and I periodically check the uconnect update website in a slim hope of them ever fixing it.

8 hours ago, iShibby said:

Did you get a fix for this? It's also driving me nuts that something as simple as reading the embedded artwork in an MP3 can't be done. It's a joke of a system and I periodically check the uconnect update website in a slim hope of them ever fixing it.

DHH3 no longer contributes to this forum. Hew purchased another vehicle.