Extreme heat

redtomatoman

I will be driving the DJ through Needles and the Mojave desert this weekend. Supposed to be 122F in Needles. I will be checking the tire pressure. Just had coolant changed at the dealer. Oil changed less than 200 miles ago. Any suggestions? Probably will need the A/C for the drive. Ha! I plan to drive right at the speed limit or slightly slower. Comments. . .

Peace.

I will be driving the DJ through Needles and the Mojave desert this weekend. Supposed to be 122F in Needles. I will be checking the tire pressure. Just had coolant changed at the dealer. Oil changed less than 200 miles ago. Any suggestions? Probably will need the A/C for the drive. Ha! I plan to drive right at the speed limit or slightly slower. Comments. . .

Peace.

What more can you do?

If the cooling system maintains pressure , has new coolant and you drive rationally it should be fine.

Charge your cellphone!!!

I will have 2 gallons of water. My mobile phone will be charged. My tires are all adequately filled, but I did discover that my spare was low. 35 psi vs recommended 60 psi. Remedied that today. I really hope I don't need my spare! I expect that I will be fine, but I've got nearly 300 miles of 100F+. I'm going to try to get through Needles before it gets too hot. Thanks for the comments.

Peace.