Sign in to follow this  
DJDiggler

New grill bought from ebay

Just thought I'd let you guys know about a few decent grill mods I found on ebay. I live in canada (far from border) so options were limited for places that would ship to me. I found these grill inserts on ebay and shipping was pretty reasonable. The blue cross nicely matches the blue on the journey, I've seen other colors I think but didn't really look as I wanted the blue.

Blue cross piece

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Blue-steel-front-grille-vent-hole-frame-trim-cover-for-2013-2014-Dodge-Journey-/152058791149?

Billet Chrome Upper & Lower Grill

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GTG-2011-2016-DODGE-JOURNEY-R-T-SXT-5pc-CHROME-UPPER-BUMPER-BILLET-GRILLE-/351706326150?

The cross piece is attached with 3m tape (continuous line around the entire outside edge), the grill is actually just zip tied to the existing honeycomb grill. Kind of getto, I know, but it works and doesn't rattle... (and my wife forbids me to do much of anything involving tools to her new car).

Sorry, the Journey badly needs a wash but I wanted to test fit everything ASAP ;)

journey%20grill%201.jpg

journey%20grill%202.jpg

Out of interest, do you know if the 2011 onward (or later still) grills will swap on to a 2010 car? 'Was thinking of getting a blacked out one similar to the new crossover models but I've not heard (or seen) of anyone doing  that   The overall shape & size of the new grill looks very like the old one(?) ....

Murkies!

Edited by JohnnyRevs
typo

On 12/5/2017 at 7:51 PM, JohnnyRevs said:

Out of interest, do you know if the 2011 onward (or later still) grills will swap on to a 2010 car? 'Was thinking of getting a blacked out one similar to the new crossover models but I've not heard (or seen) of anyone doing  that   The overall shape & size of the new grill looks very like the old one(?) ....

Murkies!

Never mind, telepathic post simultaneously (almost) on the Exterior & Body sub-forum, replied by J Keaton .

Thanks J  & Brent G ! :-)

BTW, think it would be worth combining those 2 sub-forums into just 1 !