I bought my 2014 Dodge Journey brand new! From San Antonio Dodge, but about 3 months ago it started making a ticking noise didn't think much of it it was low and only happened when speed excelled, but I keep the oil changed and take it in for stuff etc... so no reason to think it was serious, but now it is all the time very loud as soon as I start it up. I took it in and the dealer mechanic said it is the fuel injectors not an engine issue, he advised me to get some Sea Foam and that would quiet the noise. Or pay them $600 to clean the fuel injectors. I have a 2011 Chevy with almost 100,000 miles that has only had oil changes and tires replaced uses both unleaded and ethanol fuel and I have no fuel injection issues noises etc... I fail to believe this loud noise is a fuel injection problem. Especially after reading the Journey 2009 is know to have lifter issues, I think that is what is really wrong with my vehicle as well. I need Dodge to step up and take care of the vehicle, I have the Platinum Extended warranty on the vehicle so I need a real fair and honest resolution to my problem.

Maybe it the chain, some time valve rods get that noise to. However I am suspected chain, it can be the pulley (plastic) get bad or chain get to loose. Listen in front of the engine, you can use a wooden stick to listen if the noise came from a chain chamber. Or you can get special tool to listen noise on the engine.That is my two sent.

The injectors do indeed make a clicking noise that is audible with a mechanic's stethoscope, and that is a good way of verifying an injector is not dead, but that noise is not normally audible while the engine is running, and I doubt that is what you hear without the stethoscope. Valve noise is more common; if that is what you are hearing it will become much louder then you take the oil filler cap loose (be aware oil may splatter when you do that). Exhaust leaks around the manifold gasket make a surprisingly metallic sound that typically is loudest when cold and quiets down when the manifold warms up but from what you have said I don't think that is your sound - I think it is valve lash or (if you have hydraulic lifters) a collapsed lifter.

Clicking or ticking sounds from fuel injectors is normal. Most likely the fuel system cleaner has removed some gunk and varnish from the fuel system that was providing some "cushioning" to the injectors and quieting them slightly.

There's nothing that you can do to make it go away. As long as the engine is running normally and the ECU isn't throwing an error code there's nothing to fix. Arguably you could replace the injectors and any rubber components of the fuel delivery system and that might lessen the noise level slightly but the cost would far outweigh any benefit.

so take it to a different dodge dealership and see what they say,get everything they say in writing and keep the paperwork and start working from there. and since you have the extended warranty have it verified from several dealers and then work your way up the food chain from there and be calm and polite and if someone says their is nothing they can do ask for the next higher person in charge,