Custom rear diffuser

R4V3N

This is work in progress.

After searching everywhere on the net there isnt much available.

Hence getting a custom rear diffuser to accompdate a double twin pipe for the DJ.

Since it is a SUV I didnt want to be too different than the original dif yet a bit more sporty.

Got some ideas I got from the C63 AMG in the attached pix. Please comments for something similar?

post-9812-0-38028500-1461128156_thumb.jp

It's from google buddy.. :cool:

I already have the tips, an Akrapovic dual system. Had put a custom order of the diffuser. Once that is done I will post pix. Next stop will be the custom make exhaust.

Had attached a glimpse of the diffuser. Well sort of.. lolz..

post-9812-0-32640800-1461326852_thumb.jp

Where are those tips made? I have never heard of them. Can you post a picture of what they look like uninstalled? They appear to be just the thing I need for my Hellcat SRT!

Its an Akrapovic tip.

This is how mine looks like. Custom made with 1 inlet and 2 outlet:

post-9812-0-02748800-1461557417_thumb.jp

Bellow are the original Akrapovic tips which are individual tip:

post-9812-0-58530800-1461557500_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-59328300-1461557601_thumb.jp

If you want the old version:

post-9812-0-45569800-1461558279_thumb.jp

Many choices out there, you may google them.

@dhh3: Thanks. I like it more!! It's not black chrome. I had actually painted all lower panels including the new diffuser with gloss black.

@Steve_T: yeah.. just one off.

@Cody: It does look subtle. Try and find a good local bodyshop. Am sure they can do it as per your design. Initially I wanted in carbon yet it takes two week. If I did that I had to customize the front and side skirt to match. Just to much work and creativity involved. That would take even longer.

This is the final product:

post-9812-0-24999800-1461644087_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-80679100-1461644118_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-50372100-1461644137_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-29063900-1461644370_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-45494300-1461644628_thumb.jp

post-9812-0-16200800-1461644958_thumb.jp

What are you running for exhaust? Besides tips.

Not much choices where I live. Am currently using Remus exhaust with the stock resonator. Slightly bassy on idle/low rev and it slowly diminishes at higher rpm?! Dunno how to explain it but it seems like the K&N Apollo sound louder inside the cabin at high RPM than the exhaust. It drones a bit at 2500 rpm so will install some sound deadening at the rear end.

How was your magnaflow setup? Did you manage to get rid of the drone sound? Do you know if there is a universal valve exhaust system out there that can be applied to DJs?

For the diffuser, you don't really need to buy another set. The bodyshop will make a replica of your existing one and work from there. Just make sure to ask the shop not to ruin the original diff so that you can reuse it.

@Sean: It costs me less than USD 200 in total for the custom diff and to paint the other lower panels.

Two days ago I decided to see what the fog light covers would look like gloss black since your diffuser looks amazing gloss black, they actually turned out amazing and such a huge difference. In the pic yous can see the gloss black I painted and the black plastic on the bottom of the bumper, and my magnaflows are great now. Still too quiet for me but any louder and drone gets worse, might eventually remove the stock reso again and maybe try an aftermarket reso or another small muffler from single to dual and run new pipes to the magnaflows at the back.I was talking to a guy and he said the back are resonators and the middle pipe under the passenger side is the muffler, he pretty much called me stupid and says he is 100% that the backs are resonators and the middle is the muffler, anyways he posted a video and says it sounds great and with very little drone, I doubt it, I bet the drone is intense during shifting which is often and that alone would get annoying ha-ha. But when I installed the 3.5 inch resonated tips it made is deeper and not as loud. Im content for now I guess haha

post-9678-0-79353300-1461866255_thumb.jp

OK in 90% than but you can easily tell the difference between a resonator and a muffler lol. I looked up a pic of he nitro exhaust system and it was obvious without even needing to read the parts key that the muffler was before the reso on that vehicle lol. Reso's are thin tubes and mufflers are big and ugly.

Do you know where your DJ was made? Man, I love the red! It seem to be a redder red than I have seen on the forum. What are you using for the shine? It is awesome! :love_shower:

Forgot the name of the color. But it's the only red dodge offer. All DJs should be from the US isn't it?!?

Every six months I go to Meguire to get it polish and coated. Their product have always been great.

Two days ago I decided to see what the fog light covers would look like gloss black since your diffuser looks amazing gloss black, they actually turned out amazing and such a huge difference. In the pic yous can see the gloss black I painted and the black plastic on the bottom of the bumper, and my magnaflows are great now. Still too quiet for me but any louder and drone gets worse, might eventually remove the stock reso again and maybe try an aftermarket reso or another small muffler from single to dual and run new pipes to the magnaflows at the back.I was talking to a guy and he said the back are resonators and the middle pipe under the passenger side is the muffler, he pretty much called me stupid and says he is 100% that the backs are resonators and the middle is the muffler, anyways he posted a video and says it sounds great and with very little drone, I doubt it, I bet the drone is intense during shifting which is often and that alone would get annoying ha-ha. But when I installed the 3.5 inch resonated tips it made is deeper and not as loud. Im content for now I guess haha

Nicely done mate. U should paint the other panels! ;) I like the red stripe u put there. Is that red paint or sticker?

Am pretty sure the resonator is the one in the middle. What is a resonated tip?