JOURNEY CREW OR SXT?

pilote_38

I bought a dodge journey crew 2013 VIN 3C4PDCCG1DT698902.

I would like to sold it but dealer say me it's only a SXT... On dodge canada Website they write 2013 dodge journey SXT hatchback but it has 28L package and 2DL package.

Is it a dodge journey SXT with orptions or factory crew? It's not the same about canadian black book and this is not the same for sale.

You can find dodge SXT with the same options that CREW ( 19" aluminum wheels, heated sterring Wheel, heated front seat... ) but it isn't the same vehicule. It' just a SXT with options!!!

I'm lost about all this explanations between dodge canada, dodge dealer, any else dealer (kia, Honda...) and carproof or carfax report.

What is:

JC/5702 vehicule family

FAM: JC TRACKING: 20816S07 MY: 2013

FAM: JC TRACKING: 20917S13 MY: 2013

FAM: JC TRACKING: 21217S15 MY: 2013

Thanks

Edited by pilote_38

You have a Crew and your dealer is an idiot - all he had to do was to look up the window sticker:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C4PDCCG1DT698902

Print it out and toss it in his face - the 'Crew' badge on the rear ought to have been a dead giveaway, too.

Edited by bramfrank

Let me try to explain this.

The dealer is right. Your "Crew" is actually a Journey SXT with the "Crew" package. 28L This included the deletion of the SXT rear hatch badge and replaceD with the Crew badge. As stated on your window sticker, it was a 2 grand option and included things like heated seats, power seats and so on.... In 2014 the "Crew" name was changed to "Limited" and it was set up the same way. The price went up to about 2.3 grand. On my window sticker it calls the Journey a Limited but it also lists it as a Dodge Journey SXT. with the 28L option package. I did not see that on your sticker but not sure if there is a variation on the French VS English stickers. Even on my Manitoba Vehicle registration papers my Limited is listed as a Journey SXT. Again, you got the Crew/Limited package on top of the SXT model.

The Limited model was discontinued in the US in 2015 (I think) but still exists in Canada even on the 16 model. They market it on the website as a model when in reality it is an add on to the Sxt model.

Confusing, isn't it.

H.P.

Let me try to explain this.

The dealer is right. Your "Crew" is actually a Journey SXT with the "Crew" package. 28L This included the deletion of the SXT rear hatch badge and replaceD with the Crew badge. As stated on your window sticker, it was a 2 grand option and included things like heated seats, power seats and so on.... In 2014 the "Crew" name was changed to "Limited" and it was set up the same way. The price went up to about 2.3 grand. On my window sticker it calls the Journey a Limited but it also lists it as a Dodge Journey SXT. with the 28L option package. I did not see that on your sticker but not sure if there is a variation on the French VS English stickers. Even on my Manitoba Vehicle registration papers my Limited is listed as a Journey SXT. Again, you got the Crew/Limited package on top of the SXT model.

The Limited model was discontinued in the US in 2015 (I think) but still exists in Canada even on the 16 model. They market it on the website as a model when in reality it is an add on to the Sxt model.

Confusing, isn't it.

H.P.

If you wanted to get technical ALL of the Journeys are simply CVPs or AVPs with a bunch of added option packages - there is no inherent difference between an AVP and an R/T except for the bumpers, suspension components and a host of other bits and pieces.

The MAKE is Dodge. The MODEL is Journey. The TRIM LEVEL is . . . . . whatever. How they code it on your registration is essentially moot - and while consumers may be willing to pay more for an identical vehicle badged as something special, it is all pretty much the same. And, for the record, the suspension components on the Limited/Crew are not the same as those in the SXT - but after a bunch of years and miles you'd never know by driving them - the overt options; heated seats, garage door opener and so on are more visible.

I chose the Crossroad (in Canada it has more base features than the US version(s - now that they have the stripped base Crossroad and the more properly optioned out Crossroad PLUS in the US, go figure) - I wanted my leather seats and mine has heated seats as well - the two options were extra cost paint and the heaters - but mine was on the floor and I decided that if the dealer really wanted to give it to me for cheap who was I to complain?

This being my second Journey, I recall the reaction of a friend who got into the car for the first time and her comment? "It looks just like your last one except for the outside color" The previous one was a basic SE Plus; 2.4/cloth/4.3 and so on.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter whether it is an SXT or a Crew - they are all features loaded onto the basic vehicle chassis and named for purposes related to marketing.

Edited by bramfrank

It's done a little differently here in the US. In 2013 the Crew model was positioned just above the SXT Plus. The US Crew added leather seats, shifter and wheel as standard, along with heated seats and steering wheel, 8.4 screen standard (nav optional) and on the exterior, chrome roof rails, door handles, grille and the Crew badge. This was the only model in 2013 that you could get chrome-clad 19" wheels also. The vehicle sales code is JCDM49.

HockeyPuck - thank you for clarifying. I ran the vehicle report using the VIN he listed, and it shows as an SXT model. Nowhere in the options and equipment list does it denote that it is a Crew model except for the Crew badge that's listed amongst the equipment. I would have gone ahead and told him that he did indeed have a SXT had you not clarified how they are equipped for the Canadian market. Good info!

Here's a shot that shows the Crew badge. This was day one, at my dealership, just before I drove it home.

journey3_zpsud78n0is.jpg