window air deflectors

2015dodgejourney

Not all window visors are of the same quality, and it also depends if you want the stick-on or the in-channel ones as well as the universal or vehicle specific. Piece of advice would be to look around in members garage photos and ask them where they purchased theirs.

i always buy the weather tech, in channel kind, just looks a lot better and great quality.NOW that said dont buy the 4 window set as the rear window ones dont stay in the channel like the front ones do unless you glue or modified them i bought them and after a long trip cross country was only going about 20-30 mph i rolled the rear right window down a bout 4 -5 inches and whoop out it flew... oh well stop and got it but later on i just pulled the other one out. WOW just checked their price up there for you Canadians i only paid about $90 for the 4 window set and found out later could have got the fronts for just less then half of that. You guys get hosed on everything up there.....

Edited by 2late4u

I bought the set for the journey, I removed the glue the visors came with and installed them with a better quality double sided tape and they've been on for almost a year and withstand speeds of over 100mph driving from California to Texas more than 3 times.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_308/gallery_11678_308_1196645.jpg

Edited by Evlmarine

I bought the set for the journey, I removed the glue the visors came with and installed them with a better quality double sided tape and they've been on for almost a year and withstand speeds of over 100mph driving from California to Texas more than 3 times.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/uploads/gallery/album_308/gallery_11678_308_1196645.jpg

well thats good but when i drive 100mph i usually have my windows up and the air on......LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Are these the weather tech??

They should have it for 2015 DJs.

I had purchased the original deflector/visor from my local dodge dealership and it was difficult to install even by their qualified technicians. I think it took them 1 hour or so to install.

Had left the windows unused for 2 to 3days in order to let the original double sided tape sticks. However it could not hold long and slightly came down around 1mm - 2mm on all side. I took it off and change into 3M double sided tape and it still could not hold tight. I think it is a bad design. Not worth it in my opinion. Maybe there are other brands that are better out there. But non are available from where I live. Happy hunting!

the visors i have in my 2014 were the ones from my 2011 journey and they are weather tech. easy to put in and easy to take out no tape or glue used on the front visors,the rear visors are held in by tape and mine wouldn't stay in so i never used them.weather tech visors are the best. look sleek and last a long time. i see so many taped on or glued on ones that are broke and some of it still stuck around some of the window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/7/2016 at 8:16 PM, Mrgixxer6 said:

What did you use to get the tears to stay in?? Mine came out and are just sitting in the shed

I used 3M double sided tape, its holding on strong after 2 years. The gray double sided tape you find at any automotive store, not the white one from Walmart....

Edited by Evlmarine

• 1 month later...