Greetings from almost-but-not-quite Canada

digimuzik

Actually, I have a long drive before I make it to the border, but it seems like every other poster on here is from Canada, so I thought I'd try to fit in... I'm actually from SW Wisconsin.

Just got a new-to-me 2013 SXT AWD, and so far so good. Like a whopping 5 other people on here, I actually bought the DJ as a geocaching vehicle! Well, not really, but I got stuck one too many times in my old FWD Freestyle, and the price was right on this one from a local small-town dealer in town. Even though I mostly use it for a daily commute, it's nice to be a backup family car for the 7 of us. I love the 8.4" uConnect screen and as weird as the feature is, really like having the SD-card option.

Of course I'm not fully satisfied to leave things be... I'm attempting an 8.4N upgrade (to help during geocaching with the crappy cell reception in most of northern WI), adding a backup (and, heck, why not, a front) camera with a Lockpick, and maybe tweaking around lights a bit. Probably nothing too drastic beyond HIR's and maybe the tail-as-turn module (love the ring-of-fire LED's!).

Interested in reading more of what people have done to their DJ's as well (oh, yeah, love that nickname for the car, too). This forum seems a friendly, welcoming place. Hopefully I can contribute, too, instead of just asking a whole bunch of strange questions (I have a slew of "what is this??" posts queued up once I get some pics taken).

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your new DJ and yes, I am yet another Kanuk - perhaps the reason there are more Canadians is that we tend to be more connected . . . or just spend more time on line during the long winter months, who knows?

I'm not sure I would classify upgrading to the nav radio as an 'attempt' . . . it is simpler to change than a headlight bulb.

Welcome to the forum. I'd trade my SD card equipped 8.4 for a 30 GIG MyGig any day. I have no idea what Dodge was thinking when they made this change. The radio is the only thing I hate about this car/truck/SUV/SportWagon or whatever!

Welcome to the forum. I'd trade my SD card equipped 8.4 for a 30 GIG MyGig any day. I have no idea what Dodge was thinking when they made this change. The radio is the only thing I hate about this car/truck/SUV/SportWagon or whatever!

I guess I don't know what I'm missing* :shrug:. A 32-gig SD card is $10. Then again I don't really listen to much music; I just like working Bluetooth and big touchscreens!

(*Don't tell me what I'm missing if it's too awesome...I'm easily disappointed!)

I'm picky and a perfectionist. I want all of my album art to display. I'm getting closer. I ditched iTunes, and used Windows 10 Media Player, and reloaded all of my CDs. Copied this to my SD card. Better than iTunes, but now it is a Uconnect issue because Uconnect won't show art if the CD is newer than 2011. They all showed on my MyGig.

Each CD has it's own tag, but the software needs to read it. When you load a CD into Windows Media Player, by default, it goes out and searches the internet for the latest tag. Turning the Gracenote Softkey on or off has no effect. I have talked to the idiots at Uconnect too many times to count. Tell me why the MyGig would read the tag and the POS 8.4 won't?

I purchased Windows 10 for Idiots, and Windows Media Player will no longer see an iPod, or "i" anything! So, if I want to change my music on my iPod, I have to reload iTunes and reload all of my music again. Thanks for nothing, Uconnect.

Edited by dhh3