2012 Factory Backup camera picture upside down

I have 2012 Crew that I LOVE! I have had a few problems with it, but nothing major. About a year ago, the screen started acting funny when using the backup camera. It would blink, go black, flash, etc. One day, it stopped all of that but was upside down. Completely perfect, just upside down. Has anyone had anything similar? Any suggestions? Of course it waited until it was out of warranty.

I'll assume that you didn't buy an extended warranty?

In any case there isn't much there that could cause this - it's a fixed camera with absolutely standard video wired to the back of the radio which then decodes the image to the screen.

Is this a factory standard camera? Some cameras actually have the ability to invert their image by setting a parameter or placing a jumper . . . . there might be a jumper wire on the camera board and you could be seeing the result of corrosion, which might explain why it was bad for a while (as the connection was busy going bad) and then it simply stabilised upside down.

Assuming that the problem is out back with the camera, a replacement camera assembly (which includes the entire rear assembly; the panel that includes the door handle, license plate bulbs and the release push button) costs about $110. installing it is a bit of a bother if you don't have tools or mechanical abilities, but it should take about an hour or so. If you were technical you might want to see if you could get at the circuit board and whether cleaning it up resolves the problem before buying a new part.

Or you could just live with it.