tensioner pulley noise?

okay, i am getting a whining noise when i accelerate. i bought tensioner pulley and a new belt but can't get the pulley out because the bolt holding it in backs into the frame before it is all the way out. can i/ should i undo the motor mounts and lift the engine to get to the part. btw i have a 2009 sxt.

thanks, that's good to know that it is a common problem. that tensioner is in a bad spot. it was a mf to get to and when the bolt was to long to get out i just about lost my mind. if anybody knows another way to get to it, i need to hear it. even if you know whether or not i can lift the engine a couple inches, safely, i need to know.

2009 Dodge Journey Alternator Noise from Pulley try googling this video it could be your decoupler on your alternator also that is making a noise,didnt find no video on how to remove your belt tensioner but most auto zones have printed literature on how to do stuff if you buy your parts from them. i know on my 2007 dodge caravan you have to loosen the motor mounts on one side to replace the water pump not to bad to do....

okay, i am getting a whining noise when i accelerate. i bought tensioner pulley and a new belt but can't get the pulley out because the bolt holding it in backs into the frame before it is all the way out. can i/ should i undo the motor mounts and lift the engine to get to the part. btw i have a 2009 sxt.

See attached file.

2009_Journey_belt_tensioner_removal.pdf

Just an FYI: The TSB for the 3.6 loud idler pulley: Dealer replaced mine, and told me that if the noise was still there, water pump will be next. Swapping out the idler pulley reduced the sound by 50%. The sound is like a bad power steering pump.

2009 Dodge Journey Alternator Noise from Pulley try googling this video it could be your decoupler on your alternator also that is making a noise,didnt find no video on how to remove your belt tensioner but most auto zones have printed literature on how to do stuff if you buy your parts from them. i know on my 2007 dodge caravan you have to loosen the motor mounts on one side to replace the water pump not to bad to do....

i was telling you look at this as it could be the decoupler pulley on the alternator ,my daughter had one go bad so that's how i found out about it. it is the free wheeling pulley that bolts to the alternator... good luck as they are a hassle to get off as the belt tensioner is also..

thanks alot Milous. i'm doing this first. i bought the tensioner, idler pulley and belt as a set. so i have those parts. then the alternator, thanks 2late4u. lol, damn and if that doesn't stop it the water pump will be next, like the journey addict suggested. i'll let ya'll know how it goes.