will not rev over 2500 rpm

jab9999

My apologies for lack of info. Journey will suddenly will not go 2000 rpm, traction control light stay on, and red lightning bolt light is on. When all this happens it goes in limp mode. I pull over shut car off then restart. Problem goes away but always happen again.

What engine? How many miles? The issue is the electronic throttle body. What does the dealer want $600 for? (Don't know what "Tp" is). Could be bad gas, could be a dirty throttle body. I would start by cleaning the throttle body, disconnecting the battery for 20 mins and see if it clears the problem.

• 10 months later...

I experienced this after car failed to start one morning. After I jumpstarted it, the DJ ran in Limp mode or limited power reserve mode.  The traction control idiot light was on.  Would speed up pass 10 mph.  Couldnt figure what was happening.  After driving it directly to dealer thinking it was $$$$ problem, i restarted the engine. Problem solved! You have to turn off and restart again.  There's really no information about this limp mode out there...