My 1st Dodge... 2016 Journey Crossroads in Crytal Granite

TerryH

Coming out of a '04 Cad SRX, I looked around at Ford, Kia, Honda and somehow found myself drawn to the Journey. After test drives I liked the way the Journey drove and most of all, I found more value for my dollar than the other choices.

Got a loaded one with the 3.6 V6 6spd trans.

So far it's too early to give a real review of my likes and dislikes. My driving is 40% city, 60% highway. At this point I'm glad to have a new car, as it cost me over $8000 in repairs bills the last 12 months on my SRX which I really loved.

The V6 has plenty of punch and I had to have the 8.4" Nav system. Plenty of storage as all seats lay flat on the passenger side and i will be able to get my photag equipment in with any problems, and... I like the under seat/floor storage options.

Time will tell... so far, so good.

The new srx (xt5) is pretty awesome looking.

I am so sick of looking at the "Science and Engineering" styling or whatever they call it. Too over the top with the front and rear LEDs. Cadillac moved from Detroit to NYC. The guy that ran Infinity now runs Cadillac: hence to new (stupid alphanumeric) names.

don't know if you know how long you are going to keep it? but since dodge shortened the powerplant warranty you might want to buy a extended warranty i plan to run the wheels off this mine, check out the post for warranties might be a good investment if you plan to keep it a long time..

If the wheels come off, get a torque wrench and put them back on! $85 or free, depending on whether or not you already own a torque wrench)

If that doesn't work, replace the wheel hub/bearing assembly. Assume about $130/wheel involved.

If that doesn't work, replace the entire steering knuckle/trailing arm (depending on the wheel). Probably $150-$300/wheel involved.

If none of those were the issue, then I guess it would be ok to replace it for a wheel falling off.

Personally, I'm waiting until the engine falls out. :cool:

I'm also sick of the skinny lights on a lot of new styled cars. I like my car's eyes to be big and wide.

xt5srx.jpg

(Obligatory: "unlike my women AMIRIGHT??")

(Clarification: Big and wide in general, I can find beauty in all cultures)

Edited by BlindSquirrel

don't know if you know how long you are going to keep it? but since dodge shortened the powerplant warranty you might want to buy a extended warranty i plan to run the wheels off this mine, check out the post for warranties might be a good investment if you plan to keep it a long time..

I just bought my 2016 R/T yesterday. I bought the warranty. Coming from my VW GTI I spent so much money on fixing broken parts. Now I pay the cost of one major repair and I'm covered for life.