Hello! and greetings from Sweden

Swedishguy

Hello everyone, going to do a quick presentation of myself

Living in Sweden at the moment and I am about to trade in my 2015 Kia Ceed sw with a 2014 Fiat Freemont V6,( had a long "battle" with my wife, she wanted the 2,0, 170bhp diesel and I wanted the v6 pentastar, after having the Kia for I while I am soo tired of the "Land Mower" sound the diesel makes. And I won the battle so we are collecting the v6 Freemont tomorrow, so I hope I qualify to post in this forum, in the end the fiat Is just a disguised Dodge Journey, correct me if I am wrong?

However there are two things that annoys me,

Nr one why on earth have fiat deleted the heated steering wheel? This is like Sweden we have freezing temps like almost all year long, ok to be fair we have like one-two months of summer but that's it!

And number two, same thing with the remote start, like why not? It's Sweden

So I will be posting my questions in the appropriate forums.

Greetings/Adrian

Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy your new vehicle . . . I suppose you must hate the Kia if you are willing to step back a year model-wise.

The trade off between noise and torque (diesels tending to be noisy but very torquey compared with gasoline engines) likely won't make much difference overall, since we don't tend to floor our vehicles most of the time.

Does Fiat not offer those options? That would seem strange since the vehicles are assembled in the same factory. They are, however options - mine came with the heated seats/steering wheel option and I could have ordered (and can add) the factory remote start.

I wonder if you couldn't buy the Mopar/Dodge OEM remote start kit and add it to your new Fremont? It would require adding a sales code to the vehicle to enable it, something you should probably discuss with the dealer if you want to consider going that route.

Edited by bramfrank

The V6 in the US is 283hp.

how strange the spec here in Sweden are 276 wonder why it's lower here in Sweden? I need to check the engine tomorrow before I buy it, do you know guys how I can tell if it is a "real" V6 pentastar engine?

Welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy your new vehicle . . . I suppose you must hate the Kia if you are willing to step back a year model-wise.

The trade off between noise and torque (diesels tending to be noisy but very torquey compared with gasoline engines) likely won't make much difference overall, since we don't tent to floor our vehicles most of the time.

Does Fiat not offer those options? That would seem strange since the vehicles are assembled in the same factory. They are, however options - mine came with the heated seats/steering wheel option and I could have ordered (and can add) the factory remote start.

I wonder if you couldn't buy the Mopar/Dodge OEM remote start kit and add if to your new Fremont? It would require adding a sales code to the vehicle to enable it, something you should probably discuss with the dealer if you want to consider going that route.

Ido I actually hate it, I don't know exactly why, could it be the manual stick shift? Not sure, but one of the things that annoys me a lot is that I have to scream to the backseat to my daughter just so she can hear me. Now we are talking highway speeds but come on,and it's manual, sure it's fun but when you are at a let's say busy intersection and you need to go quickly+ you have a screaming baby and a control freak next to me Aka my wife, it's so much better with a automatic, you don't have that annoying problem of stalling in the middle of the busy intersection.. But as some say you get what you pay for, and in this instance this is correct.

What I think about Fiat and orders is that I think the dealer bought a big last 2015 batch of the Fiat Freemont 2.0 awd blackcode diesel variant, because that is the only model you can buy, as a new car, that's why I am buying a 2014 because there are non V6 fiats left to buy here in Sweden,( except mine, but now it's reserved for me) I asked the dealer if there will be/are any new 2016 models but he responded to me that no, this is the last batch,,

I just have to check with fiat service place if they can add, those thing, because sure I hate my Kia, but the steering wheel heater was a nice feature, especially when you were heading back home from a long day work and the outside temp is like -20 degrees Celsius (like -4 Fahrenheit),that's why I can see a remote start option could actually give me a warm car/ steering wheel, my last option is to buy a steering wheel heater from eBay.

Regards

Adrian

And btw sry for my bad English.

HP differential is likely due to different tuning for the Euro version of the engine in order to meet emission requirements. Or they may use a different weighting system to calculate the number.

I'm a bit surprised that the vendor isn't getting any more vehicles this year - there's still six months or more of production of the model year in Mexico

Edited by bramfrank

Me to, the Freemont is actually one of the most selling cars right now here in Sweden, you see them everywhere. Ad least the diesel version, not the V6, but hey that's one of the reasons I am buying one, not many of them on the road here in Sweden, swedes are crazy for diesel,

You should get about 12.5 l/100 km with the v6 if you happen to drive my particular mix of roads the way that I do and have the same ambient temps . . . . here in Montreal we tend to get warmer and longer summers than you do, but I recall being able to go out of my hotel into the Sergels Torg in Stockholm wearing just a sport jacket over a shirt at the end of November one year when I was there at that time of year selling to Televerket so how bad can it be?

Edited by bramfrank

Televerket, that had to be a couple of years ago I suppose? The thing is that the last ten years the weather has changed dramatically here in northern/ middle Sweden, so sometimes we get like no snow around Christmas, but instead the cold arrives later, but yeah it depends sometimes the summer is long,

We started getting January thaws staring in the last 1960s - and we're in a technical drought in Quebec - that doesn't mean that mankind has changed things, since the only constant in nature IS change.

Thanks to El Ni·ño we've had a warmer than normal winter here in Montreal . . . . . at least until last week, when temperatures dropped to -25 or so . . . what snow we had pretty much had melted, but we had lots of wind (I had some damage to my home which can't be repaired until spring), but our summers haven't been as warm as they were either . . . . . mother nature is a mysterious force.

But to clarify yes, that was about 15 years ago. We never concluded a significant sale into Sweden, but were very successful in Russia - I speak from experience when I tell you that it gets VERY cold in Siberia in February.

how strange the spec here in Sweden are 276 wonder why it's lower here in Sweden? I need to check the engine tomorrow before I buy it, do you know guys how I can tell if it is a "real" V6 pentastar engine?

The v6 Pentastar has a big chunk of plastic covering the entire engine, with a hole for adding oil. There is also a big screw off cap to get to the oil filter. It says "3.6 L vvt" in silver letters. I have no idea what my engine looks like because I have never seen it!

Haha yeah you right jkeaton.

We started getting January thaws staring in the last 1960s - and we're in a technical drought in Quebec - that doesn't mean that mankind has changed things, since the only constant in nature IS change.

Thanks to El Ni·ño we've had a warmer than normal winter here in Montreal . . . . . at least until last week, when temperatures dropped to -25 or so . . . what snow we had pretty much had melted, but we had lots of wind (I had some damage to my home which can't be repaired until spring), but our summers haven't been as warm as they were either . . . . . mother nature is a mysterious force.

But to clarify yes, that was about 15 years ago. We never concluded a significant sale into Sweden, but were very successful in Russia - I speak from experience when I tell you that it gets VERY cold in Siberia in February.

Talking about cold, how much more fuel will the engine burn if you use full warm ac in really cold days?

And as You said Mother Nature is a really mysterious force.

What where you trying to sell in Sweden? If I may ask.