Just got my 2016 Journey SXT Blacktop

bruin27

I got it for the better gas mileage... I travel a lot for work so the extra mpg will come in handy.. If I wanted to get add ons later could I just take it to the dealership to get added on? Does anyone have a list of add ons and cost associated with them?

I got it for the better gas mileage... I travel a lot for work so the extra mpg will come in handy.. If I wanted to get add ons later could I just take it to the dealership to get added on? Does anyone have a list of add ons and cost associated with them?

I suggest going to the dodge website and look at the different trim levels offered and what options come with each one. Make a list and then start with what is most important. Since it is brand new, you will most likely have to use factory parts installed by the dealer (read- expensive) to maintain your warranty.

I suggest going to the dodge website and look at the different trim levels offered and what options come with each one. Make a list and then start with what is most important. Since it is brand new, you will most likely have to use factory parts installed by the dealer (read- expensive) to maintain your warranty.

The only thing I want would be auto headlights and the 8.4 screen with backup camera

Auto headlights requires a replacement light switch assembly and the addition of the ambient light sensor module - once installed the dealer would need to enable the feature by adding the sales code to the vehicle. Without shopping to price out the parts this is likely to cost on the order of $250 - if you put them in yourself.

Moving from the 4.3" to the 8.4" display and adding the Navigation radio is a whole other matter - you would need to replace the radio module, the screen, the lower stack controls and the bezel - do you have automatic air? That's another detail because all of the 8.4" equipped vehicles do have it and at the very least the ambient sensor (which also detects the ambient light and comes in 3 models) would need to be replaced. In any case expect this to cost something between $500 and $1,000 with used parts. The backup camera costs about $265 for the kit - you'd need to have the sales code for the camera added to enable it's function.

One option you might want to consider is to add in a backup camera (which could be the OEM kit or an aftermarket) and to have a 'lockpick' installed which can enable video on the small display. But lockpick claims that their kits don't work on 4.3" displays while at least one person on the forum here claims otherwise.

There IS a video demo from someone on Youtube that shows backup video on a 4.3" display: - they DO give an e-mail address in the video if you want to follow up with them. You can also search google for more solutions: https://www.google.ca/search?q=backup+camera+adapter+for+4.3+inch+uconnect&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=AamYVpaIIKyC8QfPobi4CA&gws_rd=ssl#q=backup+camera+dodge+journey+adapter+for+4.3+inch+uconnect

Good luck

Edited by bramfrank

headlight switch is $40 through moparpartsonline.com

sensor for dash is $20 through moparpartsonline.com

if you want to drive down to Houston, I'll turn the options on for you for nothing.

welcome to the group

Edited by UltraNutZ

headlight switch is $40 through moparpartsonline.com

sensor for dash is $20 through moparpartsonline.com

if you want to drive down to Houston, I'll turn the options on for you for nothing.

welcome to the group

Wow I really appreciate that, I'm over in California so that would be a long drive haha...

Welcome to the forum. I purchased and installed the correct switch and light sensor for Auto Lights. Someone at FCA has taken down the Sales Code for Auto Lights, so the Dealer can not activate them. If and when FCA decides to add the Sales Code back, then I am all ready to have them activated.

I'm considering a drive to Texas. I need to get away!

comon down dhh3.

Funny this comes back up because after a really direct and not so polite (wasn't rude) email to FCA back in early December I received a phone call from someone named Jody today who apologized profusely for not answering the email sooner but the end result of the conversation was they don't have a fix. I told her to have her FCA developers contact Bill @ Auto Enginuity as they might be able to teach your people a thing or two. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum. I purchased and installed the correct switch and light sensor for Auto Lights. Someone at FCA has taken down the Sales Code for Auto Lights, so the Dealer can not activate them. If and when FCA decides to add the Sales Code back, then I am all ready to have them activated.

I'm considering a drive to Texas. I need to get away!

Is there any wiring needed for the light sensor or is that already there? I'd love to add Auto lights for cheap, assuming FAC adds the code again. Edited by QuarterSwede

If you already have a sensor, you just swap it out for the correct one for Auto Lights. It pulls straight up. Before you remove the sensor from the harness, put some tape over the hole. If the harness falls back through the hole, you are basically screwed!

Edited by dhh3

If you already have a sensor, you just swap it out for the correct one for Auto Lights. It pulls straight up. Before you remove the sensor from the harness, put some tape over the hole. If the harness falls back through the hole, you are basically screwed!

Nope, only have the flat cap instead. Edited by QuarterSwede

Once you get some miles on that 2.4 it will come alive a little more. It took until about 3K for mine to really wake up.

If you need to get out into traffic, I've found that accelerating harder in first gear works great. The 2.4 is not a torque

engine at low rpms.

It pulls strong from 3000 to the redline.

You will like the gas mileage for sure under normal driving. And even without the auto lights and neat toys,

the Journey is pretty nicely equipped in the SE or AVP trim.

Of course I am old and remember when you had to pay for a AM radio..what power disc brakes? Air conditioning?

Tinted glass, ect....I don't complain.

Enjoy your new ride.