anyone have any experience with this device?

I'm not interested in the diagnostics as both new vehicles purchased last week are under bumper to bumper 8 year/100k mile warranties.

What I am interested in is the ability to enable and disable option codes and whether or not that works as advertised. According to them (AE) it does everything the scantool does in that respect.

What I have is a 2016 Journey Crossroad and I'll be damned if I didn't get away from the sales floor without auto headlamps. To me that option should come standard even on bicycles these days. Anyways, bought the switch and dash sensor and it's all a direct plug in. What I would like to be able to do is use the AE tool to turn the damn thing on now instead of paying the dealer $125 to do so.

Any input would be appreciated

NutZ

actually according to Bill @ AE, the option codes are already "built" into the system so no fees necessary to obtain codes from MTA

Just wish I could find some RECENT reviews on this tool and AE is no help there either. I would think with a tool like this you'd be looking to have helpful, unbiased reviews to promote your products if they do what they say they do.

actually according to Bill @ AE, the option codes are already "built" into the system so no fees necessary to obtain codes from MTA

Just wish I could find some RECENT reviews on this tool and AE is no help there either. I would think with a tool like this you'd be looking to have helpful, unbiased reviews to promote your products if they do what they say they do.

maybe offer to review it for them in exchange for a discounted price???

• 1 month later...

I do have above tool and used on all my cars, to turn some options on and off, or adjust any settings, you have to bay a full version of the software ($700.00), with out that it really basic scan tool. However it allowed to see the following: coolant temp; oxygen sensors, and few more, plus it allowed you to turn off "check engine" light and provide clear information about code that is triggered the light came on.Also you can print that information, save in Excel spread sheet. However, you have to download every year updated version of the software.I hope it help

Thanks Camper. I did wind up purchasing the Proline with European bundle. I've used it a handful of times on my own vehicles already and also have used it a few times for other people at $80/pop to turn stuff on and off. My next door neighbor is a Mercedes guy/a&m graduate/tinkerer and he's all but paid for the european bundle since he now no longer needs to bring his two mercedes to a dealer for troubleshooting issues. At some point it will pay for itself but for me, it's simply the satisfaction of not having to be at the mercy of the Dodge/Chrysler service shops.

• 1 year later...