New to the Mopar family

UltraNutZ

I purchased my new switch Wednesday and they mailed it out on the same day, returned the wrong switch Thursday, and installed the new sensor today. My new correct switch may be here tomorrow. So, now I patiently wait. I'm considering a drive to Texas!

New Switch installed today. New Sensor installed yesterday. Lights work as you said: In the AUTO position, Lights come ON and go OFF with the ignition ON/OFF. So, everything is hooked up correctly. Now, all I need to do is wait until Chrysler turns the Sales Code for Auto Headlights back on.

Now, since I know that the AUTO lights work on an electronic connection rather than a direct (Harness) connection between the Switch and the Sensor, I may never find out what that Harness is hanging down behind the radio!

For those with the 8.4 Nav radio, where is the GPS antenna? Is it built into the radio?

Edited by dhh3

No, you have to add both the Sensor and Switch for Auto Headlights. My Crossroad came with Auto HVAC. The harness to the Sensor has 4 wires. The Sensor in my Crossroad, from the Factory, only had 3 pins; thus using only 3 of the 4 wires in the Harness. The new Sensor for AUTO Lights has 4 pins; thus, the 4th wire sends a signal to turn on the lights in dim or dark conditions. The Light Switch has to be in the AUTO position to complete the circuit, so the lights come on automatically.

So simple, it is stupid. When I initially bought my Crossroad, I wanted Auto Headlights. I was told to forget about it because they would have to remove 1/2 of the dash to run a harness from the switch to the sensor. BS! Auto Headlights run through the CanBus just about like everything else! You just need the beginning (Sensor) and the end (Switch) to complete the circuit! Who is zooming who here?

As far as the antenna, the base is for Sirius and the tiny mast is for AM/FM. I believe that the GPS antenna was built into the MyGigs with Nav, but I don't know about these new crap radios.

If all you are asking is if you can have your lights come on with the ignition, I can't answer that question with certainty because I installed the sensor first.

Edited by dhh3

interesting thing happened last night with the AE tool and my 300s. Wanted to see if the heated steering wheel option was available. sure nuff.. So I enabled it, backed out of everything, wife called me off for something else and never went back to it. This morning as I get in the car, I'm thinking man this seat sure is cold. It's set to warm itself with a remote start.

Turns out enabling the heated steering wheel option disabled my heated seats so I sat there for 20 minutes this morning jacking with that. I do know there's another option buried deeper in the menu for heated steering wheel so I'll fool with that later.

This AE device is pretty sweet. Here's some screen shots of the Journey headlamp activation sequence.

Thanks for the screen shots. Seems easy enough to do, but not for $795! It would be cheaper to have My Dealer activate them if the Code should appear again. Stay tuned!

Hey Lobitz, I did get off my ass and went as far as I could. Now I'm patiently waiting for the Code to show up again so I can have it added to my build sheet. Can't wait to see the look on my Service Adviser's face when I tell him that Auto Lights work electronically, not not mechanically with a harness!

Edited by dhh3

if he doesn't believe you, tell him to call Brian in the service department at Northwest Dodge here in Houston who took all of about 15 minutes to call me back with the exact part number for the switch and sensor.

Cause I mean that's what most of these service advisors think; customers are idiots and know nothing yet there are a lot of us that could possibly run circles around their best techs.

Edited by UltraNutZ