So, they finally arrived!! Just over a month, and I was starting to wonder if they would even come. Installed this afternoon, so no niht time experience yet, but so far, for $40cdn, they get a thumbs up.

20160329_115418.sized.jpg

20160329_142640.jpg

Have to add, no flickering, no canbus or resistors required, work straight out of the box, but the connectors on both had to be turned around... oh, and they sound like someone is running a shop-vac in the distance...

Edited by Steve_T

Have to add, no flickering, no canbus or resistors required, work straight out of the box, but the connectors on both had to be turned around... oh, and they sound like someone is running a shop-vac in the distance...

Yeah, the fans on mine make that sound too.

have been following this and is it worth all the trouble and expense to switch.to be honest i do wish the lights were a little brighter but all this sounds like to much trouble and now shop vacs noise is being brought up.....LOL

Worth it for me. Probably won't even hear it over my performance exhausts lol thanks Steve_T for the info.

Your headlights sound like a vacuum cleaner? Lol what?

Your headlights sound like a vacuum cleaner? Lol what?

maybe he has the new pacifica minivan

have been following this and is it worth all the trouble and expense to switch.to be honest i do wish the lights were a little brighter but all this sounds like to much trouble and now shop vacs noise is being brought up.....LOL

It's really not that loud, at least mine aren't. The bulbs have little fans on them to keep them cool and that's what you hear. There are others out there without the fans if that is a concern. It's a new noise that was not there before and the only time I can hear it is when the lights come on with the engine off. Like when you unlock with the remote or open the door (I have it set so all the interior and exterior lights come on when a door is unlocked or open). Can't hear it after the engine starts.

Mine aren't very loud either, don't want that to deter anyone that is thinking about going for LED's.

Love them so far, I've had my fair share of HID'S in numerous vehicles over the years, and the instant ON of LED's at full brightness is awesome.