Pictures of new 2017 Dodge Journey

Billy Billy

Yea I agree and it will be based on the Chrysler 200 which is based on the dodge dart which I truly believe is based on a fiat small car platform so yep I agree

We had a 2013 Dart and liked everything about it except for sitting so low. Prior to the Dart we were in modestly lifted Wrangler Unlimited.

This nearly got me a speeding ticket:

2z80roy.jpg​

The shifting sands of rumors indicate that the next Journey depends on what it is you're envisioning... Chrysler is gearing up to build a Chrysler-branded crossover based on the RU minivan architecture in Windsor, which would very likely fit the Journey's current role of a FWD family hauler. It doesn't yet have a confirmed name, though Caravan and Pacifica are thrown around (Pacifica was recently trademarked). The next Dodge crossover will very likely be a sister to the Alfa Romeo crossover that is in development on the new midsize RWD Giulia platform and will replace the JC-based Journey.

Toluca assembly will be shutting down early next year for a few months while it retools and modernizes, then will resume production of Journey and 500 as they are now. Rumor has it Journey production will eventually shift northward, though I wouldn't anticipate that happening until the new design is ready. With Alfa taking precedence, that won't be for a few years yet. Sergio has shown an interest in moving 200 and Dart down to Toluca where labor is cheaper, and Journey up north where high labor has less of an impact on FCAs bottom line (SUVS and trucks have higher profit margins).

Naturally, this is all speculation. Take it with a grain of salt just large enough to satisfy the DOTs needs in the Great Lakes region for the next few winters.

Now to add fuel to the fire. The Cherokee, 200 and Dart are all based on a FWD compact Alfa Romeo compact car. Alfa is getting ready to introduce a medium size RWD car with a Ferrari V6, sharing many Meserati parts also. This RWD platform will be used for the next generation Avenger and Journey. Dodge is going to be the low priced performance Division and Alfa will be the higher priced performance division. This means that all Dodges will eventually be RWD; then what happens to the Dart?

Now to add fuel to the fire. The Cherokee, 200 and Dart are all based on a FWD compact Alfa Romeo compact car. Alfa is getting ready to introduce a medium size RWD car with a Ferrari V6, sharing many Meserati parts also. This RWD platform will be used for the next generation Avenger and Journey. Dodge is going to be the low priced performance Division and Alfa will be the higher priced performance division. This means that all Dodges will eventually be RWD; then what happens to the Dart?

Time will tell but it all sounds good

• 4 months later...

Sergio now says the 200/Dart Factory is going to be used to produce Rams. Low fuel prices = bigger sales numbers and higher profits. He is not going to build any new factories; he is looking to out source the Dart/200 production. I think he has been drinking too much Italian Expensive Red Wine!

GM must have empty factories after dropping 4 brands. Ford should also have one or two after dropping Mercury, and the Crown Vic.

Sergio now says the 200/Dart Factory is going to be used to produce Rams. Low fuel prices = bigger sales numbers and higher profits. He is not going to build any new factories; he is looking to out source the Dart/200 production. I think he has been drinking too much Italian Expensive Red Wine!

GM must have empty factories after dropping 4 brands. Ford should also have one or two after dropping Mercury, and the Crown Vic.

fiat is setting Chrysler up to be sold or merged in a few yrs, think about it big trucks, jeeps and suvs only no small cars, only the big money makers that other companies might be interested in. the new Pacific starts out at 29k no more cheap caravans that started out at 21k