HID's or light bar??

FrankRT

I live in the country and often encounter wild life on the streets (Deer, Moose, etc.). I find the stock headlight's not bright enough and looking for something brighter. Are the HID's bright enough or should I go with a light bar ($250 - 10 480 lumens). I don't want to blind other drivers with HID's but at the same time I can only use the light bar when there's nobody in front of me. I don't want to spend $250 for the light bar and not getting to use it because of traffic but I want something that's worth my money. I'm looking for a SIGNIFICANT difference. Also looking for beat bang for the buck. Any advice out there?

Thanks

A light bar is the best way to go. You can get some cheap bars on eBay. I got a 24" for $50 it works great in the country. I have a thread I started that shows what I did.

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/7654-led-off-road-light-bar-install/?fromsearch=1

But like you said you don't want to use this light with anyone in front of you, they WILL get blinded.

Edited by carritt11

What are you getting? I'm thinking about redoing mine with 4 projectors... The Black Friday sale is the only time I purchase from TRS...ha!

D2S 55w.

I thought about doing a quad, but the only thing that would fit in the old highs would be a match box projector. I've also thought about throwing a RIGID SRQ in the high beams, but I would need to do something about the DRL then.

Oh and just saying, the stock headlights suck. Drove in the night for the first time, could believe how dim they were. lol

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...