My dodge journey suddenly turn off while driving

ha_em

Hi guys, we're another dodge journey user from Indonesia.

We bought my dodge 2011 in 2012 and it was brand new. We don't use it too often because we leave it in our other home in another city. The car's trip is over 7000km. A few months ago we replaced the battery at the chrysler dealer we bought the car from. There were some changes in the car after the battery had been replaced, such as the lock system is no longer automatic but we now have to press the remote to unlock it. Before, when the car was locked, if I hold the car key, I can unlock the car with just pulling the door handle (without pressing the button in the key).

Last week, we went to a shopping mall and stayed there for around an hour. when we left, the car was Initially okay, we managed to pass a few blocks in the parking lot, however before we even managed to leave the parking lot, the car suddenly went off. The window and lights can all be turned on but the engine just won't start. Then we called the chrysler technician and what he did was just unplugged then plugged back some cables in the trunk and the car went back on. The technician said it was the computer problem and he told us to bring the car to their workshop the next day (because the problem happened on a public holiday) and we did just that the next day. He said there were 2 other dodge journeys that had the same problem as ours recently. We had left our car at the workshop since last week and today the dealer contacted us that the computer needs to be replaced and they need to order it (I'm guessing from America). It will arrive in 45 days and it costs around US$2,000.- Apparently throughout the car stay with them since last week, they claimed that the car will turn on on some days, but it won't start on other days. Not really sure why this is.

I therefore want to ask your opinions if the problem really is from the computer or is there any other problems that could lead to engine suddenly shuting off? If we replaced the computer will it really stop the problem (the engine won't suddenly shut down while driving)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, we're another dodge journey user from Indonesia.

We bought my dodge 2011 in 2012 and it was brand new. We don't use it too often because we leave it in our other home in another city. The car's trip is over 7000km. A few months ago we replaced the battery at the chrysler dealer we bought the car from. There were some changes in the car after the battery had been replaced, such as the lock system is no longer automatic but we now have to press the remote to unlock it. Before, when the car was locked, if I hold the car key, I can unlock the car with just pulling the door handle (without pressing the button in the key).

Last week, we went to a shopping mall and stayed there for around an hour. when we left, the car was Initially okay, we managed to pass a few blocks in the parking lot, however before we even managed to leave the parking lot, the car suddenly went off. The window and lights can all be turned on but the engine just won't start. Then we called the chrysler technician and what he did was just unplugged then plugged back some cables in the trunk and the car went back on. The technician said it was the computer problem and he told us to bring the car to their workshop the next day (because the problem happened on a public holiday) and we did just that the next day. He said there were 2 other dodge journeys that had the same problem as ours recently. We had left our car at the workshop since last week and today the dealer contacted us that the computer needs to be replaced and they need to order it (I'm guessing from America). It will arrive in 45 days and it costs around US$2,000.- Apparently throughout the car stay with them since last week, they claimed that the car will turn on on some days, but it won't start on other days. Not really sure why this is.

I therefore want to ask your opinions if the problem really is from the computer or is there any other problems that could lead to engine suddenly shuting off? If we replaced the computer will it really stop the problem (the engine won't suddenly shut down while driving)?

Thanks in advance.

The passive locking/unlocking and auto locking are all set in the menu system via the radio/Uconnect they may have

changed try to reset them.

I don't understand/know what cables they would touch in the "trunk" NA versions don't have any of consequence

in that area , they are under the hood.

They should clean and tighten all battery connections they are possibly corroded from environmental factors.

I tend to agree with Bigtsr - your country is hot and humid and the vehicle is almost 4 years old. Also it was shipped overseas and possibly exposed o serious salt spray.

Have your mechanic check for corrosion on connectors (that means disconnecting the battery - FIRST), then unplugging and inspecting the various connectors.

No-start situations usually generate codes which can help the technician diagnose a problem, whether it is a connection to a sensor of some sort or to a processor, which your mechanic believe the problem to be.

If the controller was truly defective, it is most likely that the vehicle would not start at all. As to playing with wires in the back there is a module on the left side above the roof liner that, among other things handles the key fobs and remote starter security.

If he didn't do this before, a quick and simple thing to try is to disconnect one of the battery wires and leave it off for 30 minutes or more, then reconnect it. The issue might something as simple as a 'glitch' - which I suspect, because the settings for your door locks and such were lost (use the touchscreen to reset them).

If the problem is with the receiver/remote starter, you can actually buy them on eBay, brand new for less than US$230, though shipping to Indonesia will impact on that by a fair amount - those kits include two new FOBs, which are required when changing the RF Hub.