Hello

vozaday

Hello, I know I've already posted a couple times but officially picked up the Journey today. Lighting mods are already being ordered. It will be a slow build, but I look forward to see what all I can do to make this dodge our own.

It is a 15 Crossroads AWD.

The wife seems pretty pumped with it.

post-12106-0-09863400-1444438886_thumb.j

post-12106-0-68119000-1444438905_thumb.j

Thanks guys.

I already have a Hanning LED Pro Series 20" light bar coming with 2 relays. Why the two relays? Because I like to have my light bars only activated by the highbeams. Of course there is an off option for when on the highway, but that way if someone meets us on the back roads only one switch is needed to turn off the bars and high beams. Only way I could figure out how to make this work with the highbeams as DRL is to have 2 relays. One connected to the lows and one to the highs. So when the lows are off (drl) the bar will not come on with the drl. But when the lows are on and then the highs are activated the bar will get its power.

Living in Northern Alberta and having family in Northern Saskatchewan, we travel a lot of back roads.

I will do a write up in the off-road lighting section when it is done.

Edited by vozaday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Meh, this will probably be the last of mods for this. Saving up for the GT turbos and fox 2.5 suspension for my truck. Working on vehicles are a passion. Now that my 71 mustang is almost done I'm onto new projects.

I've got other paid for vehicles I'm modding. I can't get enough of modding. The DJ is the wife's car and she does not have the bug yet. I spend my money modding wise of my other vehicles.

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated this in a while, light shipment has been lost so haven't gotten a chance to do that yet.

I ordered up some PIAA bulbs for the high beams. Wanted a more white light to match when I get the hids in. They are very noticeably brighter than the OEM bulbs, but not quite sure they are worth the $100 CDN price tag. You can see the width of the light is much larger and brighter, so it isn't just a trick on the eyes.

IMG 4548

IMG 4551

IMG 4552

The OEM bulbs have some kind of yellow haze on them, these bulbs have only been in for 3000miles. That would have cut down some of the light output also.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, been gone for a while. The lights I ordered on black friday finally showed up after waiting for insurance after the shipment disappeared, then waiting on backorders and shipping again to Canada. So hopefully I will get around to them this weekend. In the mean time I got my 71 Mustang ready for the road with new rims, tires, lowered suspension and a few other goodies. I also finished wannabe raptorizing my F150 Ecoboost and then decided to trade it in on a new Powerstroke. So now busy modifying that.

• 1 month later...

Ended up getting the retrofit done. Very happy with how it turned out. The MH1 with 50w is nice and bright. They don't quite colour match the morimoto fogs like I would have liked but they are pretty close. Which makes sense since they are 5500k bulbs (-1000k due to being 50w) and the dogs are likely 6k. A lot closer then what the picture shows.

post-12106-0-42307000-1466126802_thumb.j post-12106-0-70878400-1466126823_thumb.j

They make the piaa bulbs in the high beam seem like low priced yellow bulbs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...