2009 Journey FOBIK Recall Status Anyone?!!?

I received an "important safety recall" letter from Chrysler last June about a defective key/FOBIK for my 2009 Dodge Journey. It said the FOBIK could switch to the "accessory" position by itself and shut the engine off while driving! Yikes. But I've called and called the number and the replacement part is still not in! I can't believe such a critical recall is taking so long. Anyone else going through this? Anyone have the latest status?

Got mine taken care of about a month ago. Had a bad starter issue and while it was there they did the recall. I had also called the dealer and was told no parts, but what my dealer told me was they are replacing on cars having startuping issues first, then will get the rest when parts are more plentyful. Never had any issue with the old fobs. Dont hang ten tons of keys with you fob, youll be fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT. I received the flier a couple months ago and recently 5/16 called my local dealer reference the recall. He verified my vin and said to bring the vehicle to the dealer for repair. Took about 3 hrs to switch and received two new fobs. The fob fits snug into the ignition slot now compared to the original. Just call a dealer and ask about the recall. I was lucky and they didn't make me wait for the part.

• 2 months later...

The last time I called (about a month ago) I was told that I was #43 on the list and they were getting about 3 per month. Doing the math, it will be close to a year before I can get my new FOB which has been failing. My '09 Journey just developed a leak in the coolant reservoir and the service tech said I could probably go ahead and get the recall fixed when I take it to be fixed if they have them in stock!  (fingers crossed for next Friday)

Any recalls on paint peeling on outside rear view mirrors?????

6 hours ago, blondie42550 said:

The last time I called (about a month ago) I was told that I was #43 on the list and they were getting about 3 per month. Doing the math, it will be close to a year before I can get my new FOB which has been failing. My '09 Journey just developed a leak in the coolant reservoir and the service tech said I could probably go ahead and get the recall fixed when I take it to be fixed if they have them in stock!  (fingers crossed for next Friday)

Any recalls on paint peeling on outside rear view mirrors?????

I have heard of no recall for paint peeling. You can check the NTSHA website for recalls on your vehicle.

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2016 at 7:28 AM, jkeaton said:

I have heard of no recall for paint peeling. You can check the NTSHA website for recalls on your vehicle.

I've not heard about a recall on the paint issue, but I can tell you that mine have both peeled to the point where I'm considering taking the rest of the paint off to make it look completely black (my Journey is Blue) and I also have a friend who has an '09 in the same color and his paint has also peeled off the mirrors.

40 minutes ago, brwengel said:

I've not heard about a recall on the paint issue, but I can tell you that mine have both peeled to the point where I'm considering taking the rest of the paint off to make it look completely black (my Journey is Blue) and I also have a friend who has an '09 in the same color and his paint has also peeled off the mirrors.

Without knowing how you care for your vehicles, it is difficult to recommend a course of action for you. My sons previous car he had for 5 years, never washed or waxed it, then complained when the clearcoat started peeling. No paint lasts forever, especially when not taken care of properly.

Since this thread has gone completely off topic, it is now closed.

Edited by jkeaton