Removing Door Lock Pins

I haven't even looked at them yet. Thinking about getting some of the colored aluminum billet door lock pins for the DJ. I'm thinking that they just unscrew. The billet pins screw on, but I'd like confirmation that the DJ pins work the same before I get after one just in case that is not how they are removed. I don't want to cause damage. TIA.

Peace.

I found this on Paul's DIY site. I always forget about this site. Great! Any DJ owners should have this site in their favorites.

Anyway, no confirmation but they look like they screw on. Will need to remove the panel or at least the grommet around the lock pin to replace. Hopefully the later will suffice.

Peace.

post-4130-0-78663600-1438696292_thumb.jp

Make sure that the billit ones are the same diameter as the Factory Ones. I bought some for my Nitro, and the billet ones were loose in the holes. Everytime the doors would automatically lock, it sounded like a shot gun going off in the Truck! Scared the crap out of me everytime that "gun" went off! I took them off and gave them to a member on the Nitro Forum. Unless they are specifically made for the DJ, I would not consider them. I think that the ones I got were "universal", but I'm not sure. Just an FYI.

It is possible that the DJ has more sound deadener in the doors than the Nitro did. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...