clunking noise in front end on bumpy roads

I have a 2009 journey 155,000 miles. SXT AWD.

Had noise in front end for years. Replaced everything. Struts, lower control arms with bushings, lower ball joints, brake calipers,  mount brackets, brake hoses, pads and rotors. Replaced stabilizer bushings and links. Tie rod ends still good. I finally figured it out. The stabilizer bar was hitting the crossmember on the inside of the mount. A retaining part of the bar is what was hitting. Made a 3/16 inch shim under the mounts and bracket. Had I aligned today and is finally like new. 

• 1 month later...

@Randy e I've had this same noise with my Journey here in Australia.  It's a 2013 and I got under it today to look at what you have mentioned.  Does mine look the same as yours as there seems to be enough clearance and no signs of rubbing??

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a 2018 Journey with 24,000 miles on it. I started noticing sort of the same thing with mine about a month ago. Mine almost sounds like a mix of a squeak and clunk. Almost like a rubber rubbing metal sound. I notice it at slower speeds (10-15 mph) and when going over humps or dips in the road that cause the car to raise up and back down on the suspension. I narrowed it down to I only hear it when my brakes are being applied while going over hump/dip. I did a test and found that when going over the hump/dip without the brake on I don’t hear it, but when the brake is applied at all I do hear it. Any ideas? Also, this is my first Dodge Journey I have owned. Thanks in advance. 

Edited by JHJourney

• 3 months later...