My 2014 Journey R/T is only 8 mo old- battery was drain dead!

Only 8 months old and 8,000 miles my 2014 Journey R-T had the dashboard and Nav screen stay on after turning car off. My son found two fuses and reset them and haven't any issues since. (Car was only a month old.) But, a couple of days ago, tried to start it and Accessories would come on but only a click without the engine starting. Tried the remote start and that didn't work either. Battery was drained. Started up with a jump. Didn't noticed if dashboard stayed on after using it last, but something drained the battery. Any ideas what it could be? Heard these Journeys have a lot of electrical problems - after I bought mine! Now thinking I may need to trade it in.

Welcome to the forum.

We have the occasional post for battery drain , there was a past

problem with the BCM (body control module) staying active.

This was fixed in most posts by having the dealer flash the

software covering its operation.

One other thing is make sure your not leaving your keyfob

too close (within 2 meters/6 feet) to the DJ when not in use.

Does the DJ have any aftermarket electronics installed?

I guess I could have the BCM checked out. Key FOB is stored away from DJ ( my garage is not attached to the house ) about 30' or more. No aftermarket electronics are installed either. But, do remember using the remote car starter when the door was open. My husband open the door without me knowing it and I tried to start the car. It didn't work and made a funny sound. And it might have messed something up. Because soon after that the dash would not go off when I shut the car off. So may be having the BCM checked out might be best?

• 1 year later...