Meh 2015

DeadDred

Wife got a 2015 White Blacktop edition V6/FWD//7seat/in dash display.

Overall the car is ok and has good power although the grearing is a little wrong.

In city gas guzzler, definatly worse then the 2007 F150 with 5.4 it replaced. On the highway its not bad.

6 months into it noise from engine when starting, sounds like a power steering pump with low fluid. Dealer say "what noise, can't hear it"

8 months into it GPS goes. 3 trips to dealer to find out their system can't update, was told firmware is only per unit serial number so can't be done like any normal firmware update and has to be done OTA (?) finally tell them this is BS and 4th time is the magic number where they replaced the whole unit. Oh well now the volume doesn't go as loud as with the previous player. It maxes out at 38 when it went much higher before. Explained to dealer, they never heard of such a thing, yah ok. Player with USB source bugs still the same as in the old unit. If you are using a USB source, stopt the car/turn off ignition and open the rear hatch door the player starts playing the first file on the USB and not the file that was playing when car stopped. There are a couple combos of this lol.

Got the extended bumper to bumper warranty. Car is ok but with the dealer experience loses lots of points.

6 months into it noise from engine when starting, sounds like a power steering pump with low fluid.

Oh well now the volume doesn't go as loud as with the previous player. It maxes out at 38 when it went much higher before.

The 3.6 has this noise, it is most pronounced in the minivans and the Journeys where the engine is transverse. In the Jeeps and Durangos it is not as noticeable. Goes away after running a couple of minutes. When I (or Chrysler) can determine what the cause is, I will post the repair. MIne has 38,000 miles on it and the sound has not affected anything.

On your radio - go to "Audio" and select "Speed Adjusted Volume" in the menu. Set it for level 3 and you'll find that the volume is much louder while driving. The numbers do not go past 38 but the level will be louder on 38 than it is when Speed Adjusted Volume is turned off, as long as you're moving.

Could the noise be from VVT? Both cams on each side are constantly advancing and retarding as you drive. The VVT gears are in front, so they would be close to the passenger side fire wall on the E/W orientation and both would be in front in the N/S orientation; so, not be as noticeable. Just a guess.

Edited by dhh3

maxes out at 38.dam never had my radio higher then 23 and i am hard of hearing LOL

Well that's not the point. The audio went past 38 perviously and with the new unit it only goes to 38 and the loudness is more like 34-38 before. I wasn't sure at first then my wife confirmed it as she's went pas 38 a few times by mistake and overall the audio levels changed. The dealer said they didn't know anything about anything just like having to lose work days so we can come back 3 times for our own pleasure to be told they can't update the unit. The only thing that worked was FU install a new unit.

Edited by DeadDred

The 3.6 has this noise, it is most pronounced in the minivans and the Journeys where the engine is transverse. In the Jeeps and Durangos it is not as noticeable. Goes away after running a couple of minutes. When I (or Chrysler) can determine what the cause is, I will post the repair. MIne has 38,000 miles on it and the sound has not affected anything.

On your radio - go to "Audio" and select "Speed Adjusted Volume" in the menu. Set it for level 3 and you'll find that the volume is much louder while driving. The numbers do not go past 38 but the level will be louder on 38 than it is when Speed Adjusted Volume is turned off, as long as you're moving.

Thanks, it started one day about three months into the car. Wife asked the dealer when the dash unit was being replaced, they pretty much said what noise? Just flash backs from 2007 F150 5.4 phaser noise.

I'll check the audio setting thanks,

Thanks, it started one day about three months into the car. Wife asked the dealer when the dash unit was being replaced, they pretty much said what noise? Just flash backs from 2007 F150 5.4 phaser noise.

I'll check the audio setting thanks,

For what it's worth, neither my original nor my replacement 8.4N radio displays a volume number higher than 38. Not saying you're wrong - could be software related - but 38 is the max number that I've ever seen on either one.

For what it's worth, neither my original nor my replacement 8.4N radio displays a volume number higher than 38. Not saying you're wrong - could be software related - but 38 is the max number that I've ever seen on either one.

Mine is 38 as well and I don't have any updates installed...

• 10 months later...

I'm going to guess that you didn't bring the vehicle in for the firmware update recall?

Where are you located . . . . would it be close to Montreal? If yes, I'd love to be able to get access to your radio before you take it to the dealer to be replaced. I'd also like to know who your dealer is . . . . so I can avoid him.

Edited by bramfrank

I'm going to guess that you didn't bring the vehicle in for the firmware update recall?

Where are you located . . . . would it be close to Montreal? If yes, I'd love to be able to get access to your radio before you take it to the dealer to be replaced. I'd also like to know who your dealer is . . . . so I can avoid him.

The dealer is Willowbrook in Langley BC. The first time the GPS went I my wife had to go in three times and I had to go in once for an "firmware update" Magically they could never get the firmware downloaded, yes 4 times. Also something about the firmware being "specific to car vin" LOL.

On the 4th time the wife basically told them in not so nice way she ain't leaving till its gets replaced that day. 45 min later it was replaced lol.

So they replaced it and it worked for several months. One time its started to act up and the radio would not turn off or respond to touch commands even if you shut the car off and closed the doors. Had to disconnect the battery and wait for a bit then it worked again.

So about two weeks ago she was heading out to the US. Just as he crossed the border the GPS gave out and says "no data blah blah".

She phoned the dealer and once again come in for 1.5 hours trouble shooting waste of time. She also asked where the hell is her replacement air bag that has a recall. Basically you'll get it when you get it. She's like what if I get in an accident and it doesn't go off. Buddy is not its not our problem call Dodge. LOL. Now the recall is another story with the dealer trying to do a bait and switch on her with the car. I'll write about that shortly.

Don't get me wrong I like the car especially being a White Blackout Edition with black rims and the 280HP is nice but with the dealer being a waste of time the only other Dodge we'll own will be my 84 D150.

Just have to find some lowering springs for it now.

post-11315-0-66408700-1459379749_thumb.j

Edited by DeadDred

There are no airbag recalls currently out for the Journeys. ABS, Radio Software and the Engine Beauty Cover on the 2.4 are the only ones for certain VINs (not all). Post the last eight digits of your VIN or PM me with it and I'll see if anything is outstanding for yours.

I'm just repeating what the dealer told my wife.

• 3 months later...
On 3/31/2016 at 7:11 PM, Journeyman425 said:

I work for a dealer. With the last eight of your VIN, I can provide you with factual recall information for your own peace of mind, if you wish.

Sorry didn't get back with the info.

More issues. The GPS went out again, dealer say come in and sit a few hours while we diagnose, same rinse and repeat as before. Rear view camera this one is good. if car had been sitting for a while and you start it, go into reverse the image is upside down or the video feed is garbled. Drive for a bit, stop car, start car and go into reverse video feed is fine

The passenger side top vent makes a whistling sound like leaking air when the passenger side window is open. Close the window and the noise from the vent goes away. Its not the window is the actual vent as you can make it go away if you slow down/stop the fan.

The engine noise that sounds like a loud Ford power steering pump is getting a bit louder. Only when the engine is cold.

Oh yah and the brakes vibrate like hell when going down steep hills like on the Coquihalla snowr sheds. Have to make sure I got slow 90-100KPH other wise the front end shakes like hell. Not sure if the rotors over overheating and warping as if I get into a flat straight for 1bout 15 min with no breaking the shaking stops.

Edited by DeadDred

Your battery or charging system may be weird, which might explain the cold start GPS, video and radio issues.

The vent?  Have them replace it. That's why we have warranties.

Brakes that only shake when warm?  Can you tell which corner is causing the problem?  Maybe a defective rotor?  Not sure why it would warp out only when hot, but if it was a caliper issue it probably wouldn't let the disc(s) cool down.

I've noticed that updates via the DVD player are pretty hit-or-miss and dealers do tend to do updates from DVDs,  Get a good USB key and update it yourself from the uConnect web site.

Has the power steering recall been done?