journey safety ratings

I had been waiting for this test to come up. Can't say I'm surprised, considering how the grand caravan did.

If like to come up with reasons or excuses for the DJ, but reality is that it's a tough test, and anything not recently designed isn't gonna do very well. Current DJ goes back to 06 likely. It was introduced in 08 as an 09 model.

That being said, it does well on all test that were prevalent when introduced.

I hope the next DJ does better and everyone, try to be safe on the road.

Remember, the small overlap test is the "texting accident". 3-5 seconds distraction that puts one just over the line and clips another car.

Keep your eyes on the road and this sort of accident is avoidable.

On the topic of safety, anyone knows how safe the third row is on the Journey? Do the side airbags deploy that far back? I have looked at some crash test videos and it looks like on the tests they hit the vehicle where the 2nd row is. Have not seen a test where the side of the 3rd row is hit. Also, for a rear end hit, is the 3rd row too close to the hatch? What about the height of the 3rd row? It is higher compared to the grand caravan. Is this a plus or minus for a rear end hit?

Edited by cerjed

My Jeep Commander had stadium seating, just like the DJ. I think anyone hitting the rear would have their brakes on; thus, their front end would be down and end up going under the DJ. My DJ is higer in the back, just like my Jeep Commander. Looks cool, IMHO. But, it could be a safety feature also.