Might add engine oil cooler to 15' crossroad what do I need?

crossroad

I'm aware that it has a trans cooler.

I'm specifically interests in the engine oil cooler.

I'm sure it's been done on here and was wondering if someone already had the parts list made out and how involved it is.

I'm a capable auto mechanic that can do just about any job on a vehicle but some times if it's to crazy I wont "fix unless it's broke" lol

They have both coolers - tranny sits in front of rad and as you can tell

from pics the small oil cooler sits above the oil galley.

As for add on coolers I am not sure where they mount them

from factory but aftermarket targeted coolers usually come

from trade as where to mount them per individual car models.

i will physicall look later when she gets home. I did look on my window sticker just now and it is NOT listed.

I have an awd 15' redline crossroad with all options EXCEPT : overhead blu ray player, trailer/tow prep, "full leather". (mine has the mesh inserts in the middle).

have your dealer check your vin # if its on there it will show there. also doing additional engine work might void your warranty in my opinion if its not broke why take the chance your already covered on the powertrain why mess with it......and you can buy an extended warranty thru the internet from mopar for about 800-900 look at the extended warranty post. i bought a lifetime miles and yrs max warranty for about 2200. and that covers everything as it said if its mechanical and breaks its covered. 100 deductible after the 3yr 36k warranty and also after the extended powertrain warranty plays out. air cond ,electronics ,

Edited by 2late4u

On my window sticker, it lists under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT:

3.6 Liter V6 VVT Engine $1,700
Dual Bright Exhaust Tips
Engine Oil Cooler
Flex Fuel Vehicle

My sticker does not say anything about a Trailer Prep Group, but I did get the oil cooler.

Edited by dhh3

• 1 year later...

I also got the trailer light wire harness that ends with a plug behind the spare tire. So as far as the Trailer Tow Group goes, I got it, except for the harness that they throw in the back of the car with the mats, front license plate mount, and the luggage net. I already had the harness installed. Just need the hitch.