Should I complain about the factory paint job?

scorpionman1958

I can see the difference in the blue. It is a match. What I don't understand is why the black rubber strip at the base of the 3rd window is blacker. Unless they put some type of "Back to Black" product on it. They should have washed it before you picked it up, IMHO.

That is how the Blue Streak Pearl is supposed to look. You have to compare sections at the same angle as reflections in that paint REALLY make a difference in it's appearance. The sections at the same angle towards the lense all look identical from one panel to the next. As the light/angle changes, the paint appearance changes, but that's unavoidable - freshly waxed at night in a parking lot, it looks black!

• 6 months later...

The transmission itself is OK, but the software has undergone a few revisions since its release. While my Journey was in the bodyshop (for the third time :( ) I rented a 2015 Chrysler 200 with the 948TE nine speed. Shifted smoother than the 62TE overall and there was a ratio for any speed which kept the engine in its powerband. This tranny is well-suited for a four cylinder engine. The 3.2 and 3.6 have so much power that the extra ratios really aren't entirely necessary, IMO. If the Journey had this transmission it would be a rocket from 0-60, but you'd have to have AWD otherwise the front tires would go up in smoke, or the traction control would be constantly engaging to keep that from happening.

I've got that Chrysler 200 right now (rental) and the 2.4L is the best 4 cyl I've driven. I usually think they're underpowered but that one is fantastic even with a full compliment of people in the car and the A/C on. The only thing I don't like is the lag on the drive-by-wire accelerator. Feels like a turbo spooling. The 9 speed is better than the jerky 6 speed in the DJ in my opinion. I've only had my DJ for 2 months so I'd imagine it would've learned my driving style by now (average foot off the line, steady when on the highway).

I miss my DJ though. It's in the shop for a radiator repair (thank you icy off ramp). Waiting on insurance to appraise it so they can fix it. The Chrysler 200 is nice but not nearly as smooth of a ride and it's not as sound proof. Plus no AWD on the rental.

Edited by QuarterSwede

• 3 weeks later...

I got smashed from. Girl who ran a stop sign, first rental was a grandcherokee ( beautiful) and the second was a charger2015 rallye. It sucked ass sure it looks cool but my journey is better.on gas and a much smoother ride. But since I drove the limited grandcherokee I want one haha. Wish the dj was available in a v8

I got smashed from. Girl who ran a stop sign, first rental was a grandcherokee ( beautiful) and the second was a charger2015 rallye. It sucked ass sure it looks cool but my journey is better.on gas and a much smoother ride. But since I drove the limited grandcherokee I want one haha. Wish the dj was available in a v8

Was looking at one of these while I had mine in for the ABS recall... Gorgeous.