Woah322

Top speed

Just out of curiosity, has anybody gotten a top speed on the Journey stock with the 3.6 or know what the governor is set for. I'm not saying to go speed or nothing but I've tried on the parkway to see how fast it goes and 118 seems to be it.

Sure it does. Counting might not be important in Alabama, but tell that to the cops when you get caught speeding in Canada.

Edited by jkeaton

My "speeding" is limited to 5 mph over whatever the posted speed limit is, except in school zones, which I do exactly the limit. I lived young and restless (and reckless) in my younger days and spent the better part of 10 years trying to clean my driving record up so it did not cost me $6000 a year for liability only insurance on a $2500 beater car. If I want to go fast, I'll pay for a few laps at a Richard Petty driving school or something, Not the least bit worth it to me and I do hope ya'll are on lonely stretches of road out in the middle of nowhere when your testing the top speed limiter and not endangering other drivers.

I'll stop being the dad now. :lol:

Edited by jkeaton

My son borrowed our crossroad, and when he returned it I checked the max speed on the navigation screen...129 mph!

All I can say the apple don't fall far from the tree.

My son borrowed our crossroad, and when he returned it I checked the max speed on the navigation screen...129 mph!

I probably would never let my borrow my car again.

And whoop his ass!

He's 33 years old, and tougher than me. haha. He used the Journey to take his family my grandson's out of town basketball game.

I trust him. Like I said the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

So he was doing that kind of speed with family and kids in the car? I will not go any further except to say that was a very stupid thing to do. You go ahead and make light of it. All I can do is SMH at the ignorance.

I'll wait until we get a few more break in miles, then see what she'll do.

On a closed course, of course :) Maybe I'll take it with me when I take my Z06 back to the Mojave Magnum event LOL.

Closed course, do as you please. I'm not a fan of doing this on public roads.

I agree.....closed course is the responsible way to do it. I run on road courses, drag strips, and standing mile runway events, but I'd be fibbing if I didn't admit to running over the speed limit on occassion when in very rural environments with other liked minded individuals.

On 2015-04-23 at 0:40 PM, jkeaton said:

So he was doing that kind of speed with family and kids in the car? I will not go any further except to say that was a very stupid thing to do. You go ahead and make light of it. All I can do is SMH at the ignorance.

I have the same 'glitch'. Never went more than 80-83 mph (approx 130kmh) and my gps max speed says 130 mph (209kmh)! Which is insane.

Edited by mfeel

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 10:01 AM, crossroadjohn said:

I've seen those insane speeds logged on my own navigation memory recall screen, and I can tell you unequivocally that neither my wife or I have ever had the car north of 80MPH. I think I have gotten close a couple of times when overtaking a large truck just to get out of the left lane and back out of the way of the faster cars behind me, but my triple digit days ended with the demise of my dearly beloved Mazda 323 GT...and of my youth!

I'm not a speed demon, but I had mine over 90 while passing... once... Let's just call it. 93 mph. After passing an letting off the gas for a moment, I looked and saw it descending 90-89.... so i'm guessing I peaked at 93. Felt rock solid, so I suspect It would go 100+ no problemo

I Should note, Car and Driver states the max speed of 118 mph. Sounds realistic.

Edited by NavalLacrosse

My '15 w/V6 runs along just fine at the speed limit. I have had it up to 80mph occasionally, but that was just moving with traffic at the time. The days of "let's see what this sucker will do" are long gone for me as well... 

i was doing 90 the other day and the damn car is so smooth i didnt realize it.  id say i was doing 90 for about 1 mile or so LOL.  i had my giggles........dropped back down to 75.

On 12/11/2017 at 6:44 PM, 2late4u said:

I swear you get better mpg at 80 than you do at 70....

Yea when I do 60 or so it does better than slower