Top speed

Woah322

Just out of curiosity, has anybody gotten a top speed on the Journey stock with the 3.6 or know what the governor is set for. I'm not saying to go speed or nothing but I've tried on the parkway to see how fast it goes and 118 seems to be it.

My "speeding" is limited to 5 mph over whatever the posted speed limit is, except in school zones, which I do exactly the limit. I lived young and restless (and reckless) in my younger days and spent the better part of 10 years trying to clean my driving record up so it did not cost me $6000 a year for liability only insurance on a $2500 beater car. If I want to go fast, I'll pay for a few laps at a Richard Petty driving school or something, Not the least bit worth it to me and I do hope ya'll are on lonely stretches of road out in the middle of nowhere when your testing the top speed limiter and not endangering other drivers.

I'll stop being the dad now. :lol:

Edited by jkeaton

• 1 month later...

I agree.....closed course is the responsible way to do it. I run on road courses, drag strips, and standing mile runway events, but I'd be fibbing if I didn't admit to running over the speed limit on occassion when in very rural environments with other liked minded individuals.

• 1 year later...
On 2015-04-23 at 0:40 PM, jkeaton said:

So he was doing that kind of speed with family and kids in the car? I will not go any further except to say that was a very stupid thing to do. You go ahead and make light of it. All I can do is SMH at the ignorance.

I have the same 'glitch'. Never went more than 80-83 mph (approx 130kmh) and my gps max speed says 130 mph (209kmh)! Which is insane.

Edited by mfeel

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 10:01 AM, crossroadjohn said:

My son borrowed our crossroad, and when he returned it I checked the max speed on the navigation screen...129 mph!

All I can say the apple don't fall far from the tree.

I've seen those insane speeds logged on my own navigation memory recall screen, and I can tell you unequivocally that neither my wife or I have ever had the car north of 80MPH. I think I have gotten close a couple of times when overtaking a large truck just to get out of the left lane and back out of the way of the faster cars behind me, but my triple digit days ended with the demise of my dearly beloved Mazda 323 GT...and of my youth!

• 5 months later...

I'm not a speed demon, but I had mine over 90 while passing... once... Let's just call it. 93 mph. After passing an letting off the gas for a moment, I looked and saw it descending 90-89.... so i'm guessing I peaked at 93. Felt rock solid, so I suspect It would go 100+ no problemo

I Should note, Car and Driver states the max speed of 118 mph. Sounds realistic.

Edited by NavalLacrosse

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 12/11/2017 at 5:07 PM, Bryman31 said:

i was doing 90 the other day and the damn car is so smooth i didnt realize it.  id say i was doing 90 for about 1 mile or so LOL.  i had my giggles........dropped back down to 75.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, 2late4u said:

I swear you get better mpg at 80 than you do at 70....

YESS TO ALL!

A mile really isn't that long when you're clipping at 90. Been there; I did two back-to-back there-and-back 190x2 mile jogs to get to O'hare airport... cruised at 85mph the whole Michigan side(120 miles) - 4 AM. This machine rides so smooth and quiet at speed for a inexpensive car.  A separate occasion, I accidentally hit 90, Didn't even know I was doing it.  :yup:

I'm going to start (or find the fuel economy form) and see what speed yields what hwy mileage. honestly, I've done the best at 75mph. 55 was rather sad, with no real gains in economy. That 85mph long haul only made 22 MPG (reset on hwy) mileage... Defogger on. side note, my caravan would do 35 mpg at 35 mpg... as long at i didn't account for red lights.