Custom UCONNECT Access

I've got a couple smartphones that only useful as keyfobs had

my 3 yr old HTC crapped out he other day and had to buy another

new one so switched to Moto G and it paired flawlessly.

Would the "gas cap" warning show up as fault on this app?

Edited by bigtsr

Lots of interesting metrics making it into the site from my setup. Good to know what my vehicle is doing while I'm driving. Got all but the Wi-Fi automated. Going to have to build something to allow folks to configure that. Also got more implemented for actions like remote start etc, today.

ok folks. I just got the remote start piece working perfectly. For the first release (in the next day or so), i'll include the following remote features:

Lock

Unlock

Start

Stop

After that, i'll add more. For now, it will only support the dodge journey. I have the codes for many other vehicles, but I've hardcoded the calls into the pi code, until I can figure out how I want to handle it on the server side. With that said, the demo user that i've provided for others to log in and view, will be locked down again tomorrow sometime because i will be enabling the feature that allows me to control my vehicle. The last thing I want, is for some of you to be starting and stopping or honking my horn while i'm at work tomorrow ;)

I'll let everyone know when the image is finished and give you a list of the hardware that I've used to create it. If you would rather purchase it from me, I can do that also, though due a run on pi's, it may take a bit to get one for you.

On another note, I believe i resolved a memory leak on the dashboard that was causing the realtime gauges to creep up and ultimately kill browsers after repeated callbacks for data. It was a google chart bug that they resolved in a new release candidate.

kthx,

HawtDog

Unrelated, but, per chance did you capture the codes from the buttons on the steering wheel? (in the eventuality that they're available on the same bus). I'm referring to the ones controlling the radio, not the speed control or the evic.

My obdII adapter is too slow to do serious sniffing...

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to let everyone know that i'm still working on this. I'm just going through a custody battle (i have the kiddo and a protective order against my wife for domestic violence) and have been a bit out of whack and anxious.. this is a good distraction. I'll be pushing out a pi image soon! I promise!

Quick update. i've been working on the webpage to get things working as they should. I have changed the graphs page to roll up metrics based on the drop down i've added.. now that week, month, year graphs are usuable. it rolls up the times by hour,day,week respectivly... it also allows the graphs to load faster, also. This will give you the average her hour, day and week, but it's still a good idea of what occured during those times. If i can think of a better way to make this work while showing more data, i will.

hey hawtdogflvrwtr not sure if you got the error code thing fixed but i know on my 09 journey if you unplug the cable going to the airbox sensor it throws an error code when starting the car. not sure if its different on the 2012 but its easy to get to as it should be right on the airbox. also do you know if your codes will work on older journeys i have the factory fobs with remote start built into them. i added a bluetooth obd2 reader to my car that i can connect to if the car is in aux mode via my cell phone and use torque to read rpm and engine codes but nothing to start it via my phone.

hey, thanks for that. i'll give this and the gas door a go sometime this week, and report back with what I find. If you have the factory remote start, it should work. It's the same remote start module, from what I can tell. If it's not, i'll find out the calls to do the remote start. In either case, we'll get it working.. don't worry.

hey, thanks for that. i'll give this and the gas door a go sometime this week, and report back with what I find. If you have the factory remote start, it should work. It's the same remote start module, from what I can tell. If it's not, i'll find out the calls to do the remote start. In either case, we'll get it working.. don't worry.

so i tried your codes using bluetooth terminal the STP31 gives me a question mark, then when i enter in ATSH1C0 it says ok. but the all the other codes say can error. when entered. like 69AA37901100, 21746C901100. i thought maybe i had to type with upper case i tried that and same thing. not sure if my codes are different being as mine is an 09 journey or what but who knows.

Did you add \r\n to the end of the codes? they are needed at the end.. so it should look like 69AA37901100\r\n. IF you're using the bluetooth terminal by querty in the android market, there is a setting called "append \r\n" that you can enable, to do this for you. BTW, be careful.. the command ATSH1C0 tells your vehicle computer that you're about to send commands to it.. if you mistype something you can really hose the car... JUST A WARNING!

yup i made sure i had the append \r\n turned on and first did STP31 > and hit enter then it just gave me a question mark on the screen then i typed ATSH1C0 and hit enter then it said ok on the screen then i would type out the 69AA37901100 or other codes and hit enter then it would just return back can error.

ok ladies and gentlemen... Major additions today and a major step forward to a release of the image.

Finished

• Added pie charts to the dashboard, to include ranges for many items.
  • Got the pie callback for actions, working. Now when an action is performed on the vehicle (lock,unlock,start,stop) it tells the server it finished it so it doesn't perform it again. (this means i can enable the buttons on the website)
  • Updated a ton of the source to fix a few bugs. I still have a minor bug where the script dumps when an internet connection drops. (should be an easy fix)
  • Added a milestones portion to the homepage to show what I have left to do.
  • Added a list of the hardware that i'm using so others can go ahead and purchase the same equipment while waiting for me to get the image finished.
  • I got my pi connected to a straight talk 3g modem ($14 refurb + 15$ a month for 1gb (shouldn't need anymore than that))

ToDo

• Get a flipping image finished for others
  • Fix a few minor bugs
  • Find a way to determine if the vehicle is fully running or just remote start running (there is a difference) so you can't fire an action to stop the vehicle while it's fully running (it won't work, but it'll try over and over again)
  • Add more graphs and rewrite the influxdb call so i can put multiple items on a single chart. (This is a limitation with influxdb... they decided to remove labels when you called more than one select.... stupid, but fixed in 0.9)
  • Add parental features like alerting on excessive speeding
  • Add additional features like control windows.

post-10820-0-65828900-1432866523_thumb.p

Edited by HawtDogFlvrWtr

*NOTE* IF YOU DON'T GET AN ACTIVATION EMAIL WHEN REGISTERING, CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!

OK, i'm going to need testers to get this thing off the ground... so i'm going to be giving away a complete uHacknect setup (about $80 value.. not including the OBDLink LX adapter) to a person registered on the site (www.uHacknect.com).

I'm going to be choosing this coming Monday (6/1/2015) at random. Right now there are 7 people who have joined the site. If you already have an account, you just have to add what I've asked below. If you don't, register now and enter to win a free unit, and to be a guinea pig of mine. Here are a couple of rules.

1. No multiple registrations... I'm watching who registers and can tell if you're the same person.

2. You have to register your vehicle on the site once you've verified your account via the email. (You can enter whatever you want for the vehicle key, but the VIN must be genuine and yours)

3. You must upload a profile image.

4. You must make your profile public (so I can choose one of you)

5. You must add a social link if you have one (facebook, myspace *HAHA*, twitter, etc)

6. You must set your phone number and address (so I can mail the setup to you if you win.. you can remove it later. BTW, no phone or address information will show up on your profile.)

7. You must set a bio about yourself about why you're on dodjourneyforum.com, and why you're interested in uHacknect (doesn't have to be long).

8. You must set your timezone on the site. *NEW*

I ask for all of these steps to be completed (it's really not that hard) because I want to know that the site is working as it should and that it's ready for prime-time.. Also, I want to ensure that navigating the site is simple and that anyone can do it.

Couple of other things... IF you find a bug and report it on here, I'll either buy you a single item for your final uHacknect pi setup (probably the bluetooth adapter worth $12), or send you a uHacknect sticker to put on your car.

Edited by HawtDogFlvrWtr

OK, i'm going to need testers to get this thing off the ground... so i'm going to be giving away a complete uHacknect setup (about $80 value.. not including the OBDLink LX adapter) to a person registered on the site (www.uHacknect.com).

I'm going to be choosing this coming Monday (6/1/2015) at random. Right now there are 7 people who have joined the site. If you already have an account, you just have to add what I've asked below. If you don't, register now and enter to win a free unit, and to be a guinea pig of mine. Here are a couple of rules.

1. No multiple registrations... I'm watching who registers and can tell if you're the same person.

2. You have to register your vehicle on the site once you've verified your account via the email. (You can enter whatever you want for the vehicle key, but the VIN must be genuine and yours)

3. You must upload a profile image.

4. You must make your profile public (so I can choose one of you)

5. You must add a social link if you have one (facebook, myspace *HAHA*, twitter, etc)

6. You must set your phone number and address (so I can mail the setup to you if you win.. you can remove it later. BTW, no phone or address information will show up on your profile.)

7. You must set a bio about yourself about why you're on dodjourneyforum.com, and why you're interested in uHacknect (doesn't have to be long).

8. You must set your timezone on the site. *NEW*

I ask for all of these steps to be completed (it's really not that hard) because I want to know that the site is working as it should and that it's ready for prime-time.. Also, I want to ensure that navigating the site is simple and that anyone can do it.

Couple of other things... IF you find a bug and report it on here, I'll either buy you a single item for your final uHacknect pi setup (probably the bluetooth adapter worth $12), or send you a uHacknect sticker to put on your ca

all things completed. did i win? lol