Warning Light Party. (ABS, Traction & Service AWD)

McBAIN

Hi All, I can see variations of these posts but can't find one for all three at once.

Nice sunny day in Toronto today and thought I might wash & clean the interior of the car. Once done, all nice and shiny, I went to turn it around and drive into the garage, went straight out the driveway and down the street (straight line, no corners) suddenly the traction control light starts flashing.. a moment later the the ABS light, then a slight clunk, then "Service AWD"... pulled over to the side of the road, turned off, gave it a second, then back on. ABS and Traction control both still on, drive a few meters and the Service AWD comes back.

completed the block and parked it back in the garage.....

Is a 2011 R/T with 110k on the OD. Have had no issues since I bought it 2 years ago.

Any ideas? should I be fine to drive it to the local dealer or do I need a tow truck?

• Official Dodge Support

Hi All, I can see variations of these posts but can't find one for all three at once.

Nice sunny day in Toronto today and thought I might wash & clean the interior of the car. Once done, all nice and shiny, I went to turn it around and drive into the garage, went straight out the driveway and down the street (straight line, no corners) suddenly the traction control light starts flashing.. a moment later the the ABS light, then a slight clunk, then "Service AWD"... pulled over to the side of the road, turned off, gave it a second, then back on. ABS and Traction control both still on, drive a few meters and the Service AWD comes back.

completed the block and parked it back in the garage.....

Is a 2011 R/T with 110k on the OD. Have had no issues since I bought it 2 years ago.

Any ideas? should I be fine to drive it to the local dealer or do I need a tow truck?

McBAIN,

Sorry to hear you're having some troubles with your Journey.

Do not hesitate to tow your vehicle over to your dealer if you have any hesitation about driving.

Phone the Service Dept. first to share the details surrounding the event, they'll advise on how to proceed.

Keep us posted if you can.

This was posted in Feb. This is probably your problem.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Very recently, all three came on again on the way home. I thought it would be the typical wheel speed sensor thing and I gave it some time to hopefully dry up and clear out. When the lights wouldn't go away, I brought it into my indy mechanic. He scanned the computer and found out that not enough power was being sent from the battery to the one sensor (driver's side rear). He followed the wire and found that the wire bundle that comes through the floor rubbed up against the actual opening and over time, broke. He repaired it but before he began, he called up the local Chrysler dealer if they ever encountered something like this and they initially said no. But when he finished the job, they called back and said that it does happen. So everyone be aware of this predicament and solution.

• Official Dodge Support

This was posted in Feb. This is probably your problem.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Very recently, all three came on again on the way home. I thought it would be the typical wheel speed sensor thing and I gave it some time to hopefully dry up and clear out. When the lights wouldn't go away, I brought it into my indy mechanic. He scanned the computer and found out that not enough power was being sent from the battery to the one sensor (driver's side rear). He followed the wire and found that the wire bundle that comes through the floor rubbed up against the actual opening and over time, broke. He repaired it but before he began, he called up the local Chrysler dealer if they ever encountered something like this and they initially said no. But when he finished the job, they called back and said that it does happen. So everyone be aware of this predicament and solution.

pacsound,

Thanks for the info.!

Certainly a great place to start for anyone with similar symptoms.