Clicking Sound behind Glove box

Sherrie Danielle

My 2010 Journey SXT started making a loud clicking sound behind the glove box when the A/C or heat was turned on, it would do this for maybe 10-20 seconds then stop. My husband replaced the HVAC actuator part #604-029. The noise stopped with this fix but it's back, 2 weeks later and louder than before! They had this same problem with Rams of the same year and had a recall. I've seen so many people having the problem with the Journey as well, I wish they'd do a recall. Anyways, any ideas as to why it was fine for 2 weeks and started doing it again? Thanks!

That part# is a Dorman aftermarket part which I am guessing is probably faulty. I would invest in the OEM which is a pretty cheap replacement part found here: http://moparonlineparts.com/repair-parts.php?cPath=23_45_290 I am assuming that you have a single zone system.

Instructions are here:

Single Zone/Dual Zone Left Side

WARNING

Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.

NOTE

The single zone heating-A/C system is equipped with a single blend door actuator. The dual zone system has two blend door actuators, one for the driver side blend-air door and one for the passenger side blend-air door.

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

2. Disconnect the wire harness connector (1) from the blend door actuator (2) located on the left side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3).

3. Remove the two screws (4) that secure the blend door actuator to the air distribution housing and remove the actuator.

36543_jour_g0259.gif

Front single zone/dual zone left side blend door actuator

To install:

1. Position the blend door actuator (2) onto the left side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3). If necessary, rotate the actuator slightly to align the splines on the actuator output shaft with those in the blend air door linkage.

2. Install the two screws (4) that secure the blend door actuator to the air distribution housing. Tighten the screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).

3. Connect the wire harness connector (1) to the blend door actuator.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

• 2 years later...