09 R/T vs 12 SXT

My last Journey was black and now I have a silver Crossroad - if I'd been able to I'd have gone with the pearl white, which looks amazing with the platinum accents and wheels that the Crossroad provides. IMO pearl white is much nicer than the black and hides the dirt really well.

The advantage you have is that you can order EXACTLY what you want if you decide to go with a new vehicle - no compromises.

In the US you get somewhat more choices than up here in Canada - you can get the 4 if you want (not in Canada), though in Canada they offer it in an AWD version (not in the US as far as I can tell). You can get it as a 5 passenger or 7 (for 2015 it seems that you can only get the 7 passenger in Canada), but lots of things that are options in the US are standard in the Canada version (in Canada you get most of the $1000 popular equipment group standard - exceptions are remote start and the universal garage door opener).

Go figure.

Still looking, but the buying might be put on hold for a month or two. I'm going to pay off all of my unsecured debt and then buy after my credit report gets the good news. Although... there is a 2015 black R/T about a hundred miles away with 13 miles on it that the ASKING price is $26,200... gonna be hard not to go ahead and jump on that one since the rest of the 2015 R/T's I've seen are right at 30 grand or more.

PB

2014 Copperhead Pearl Crossroad. You can't go wrong. The only mistake I made was seeing the leather interior, I figured it had headed seats. Not to be: option.

I love that color, but my wife, even though she is a big fan of Auburn University (burnt orange and navy blue) she doesn't. Go figure... there is an awesome 2014 in that color 20 miles away.

That black one with 13 miles may be on the dealer's books as a loaner, which gets them a credit of several thousand dollars thet gets passed on to you, as the buyer.

But if it IS a loaner the warranty will have started with the 'service date' - so if that is the case be aware that you are buying what is legally a 'used' vehicle and it may not have as much warranty on the clock as you expect - now you know to ask.

The savings are great and you can perhaps use some of them to buy an extended OEM warranty.

That black one with 13 miles may be on the dealer's books as a loaner, which gets them a credit of several thousand dollars thet gets passed on to you, as the buyer.

But if it IS a loaner the warranty will have started with the 'service date' - so if that is the case be aware that you are buying what is legally a 'used' vehicle and it may not have as much warranty on the clock as you expect - now you know to ask.

The savings are great and you can perhaps use some of them to buy an extended OEM warranty.

Great advice... thank you!!

If you intend to do *any* towing, and think you'd want AWD (living in Alabama I'm not sure AWD would be useful to you, but you know your needs better than I do), then the 4-cyl should not be on your radar. It comes with a towing rating of 500 lbs, and is strictly FWD.

Car rags will hate the Journey for only one reason... the 4-cylinder. It's not that it's a bad engine, it's just incredibly anemic and pointless in a 4200-lb vehicle. If I had to go into a dealer today for new FCA vehicle, it would not be anything with a 4-cylinder engine (and that sentiment won't change until the Hurricane engines are in production for a year or so). It will have either a Pentastar or a Hemi, or a diesel (obviously PStar in the Journey).

As for the year, I wouldn't even bother with a pre-12 Journey. 2009 was the first year and had the most issues. 2010 was better, but still had issues like pre-mature brake failure and a chintzy interior. For 2011 many of the issues were fixed, especially the brakes with new 14" front discs and dual-piston grabbers, which you can upgrade to if you got the 09. The interior was completely overhauled and is lightyears ahead. Exterior wasn't very different initially, but by 2012 all Journeys except AVP had the upgraded fascias that differentiate them from the Caravans and make them look like true CUVs.

They also finally got into the 21st century by offering the Pentastar instead of the old 3.5, and 6 cogs instead of 4 or 5. Only issue with the 6A is there is the occasional jolt when you shift into drive from park or reverse. I'm not aware of any issues caused by that, but I found that it can be reduced if you pause in neutral for a few seconds before going into drive and setting off. The issue doesn't exist if you shift between reverse and drive, and park and drive, if you've already been driving since starting the car.

The newer years also gets you a few modern enhancements such as keyless enter-n-go (handle senses your hand and fob and unlocks the car for you, push button start, button on the handle to lock the car), LED rear tail lights, LED interior lights, etc.

Well I just got home with a black 2015 Journey R/T, brand new and all mine. Man is it optioned out... had to go to a dealer 100 miles away to get my deal. The list was right at $33,500; I got it for $26,358, and with tax, tag, title, doc I was out the door for $27,991.05. I'll post pics tomorrow. I'll try to get out before the sun gets too bright for better pics.

Glad to be an owner!!

Paul

Well I just got home with a black 2015 Journey R/T, brand new and all mine. Man is it optioned out... had to go to a dealer 100 miles away to get my deal. The list was right at $33,500; I got it for $26,358, and with tax, tag, title, doc I was out the door for $27,991.05. I'll post pics tomorrow. I'll try to get out before the sun gets too bright for better pics.

Glad to be an owner!!

Paul

Sounds sweet. Pics or it didn't happen!!