Supercharged

Weav

I really do not think there is enough room for one, but I could be wrong. Still wonder what's lurking under that big piece of plastic.

The plastic doesn't take up much extra room really (haven't you changed your oil yet??)... It's all engine there. Would probably have to have the hood altered to allow room for a SC, but man would that be cool.

A lot of fabbing is needed regardless of the type of supercharger used. The type used on the GM 3800 or the Hellcat might require work on the hood (unknown if totally necessary, remember it would likely replace the upper intake plenum). Other designs would have it mounted like a turbocharger, but then you would need to fab a system to transfer the power needed to run the supercharger from the passenger side of the engine to the drivers side.

Of course you also need to crack the PCM so you can made changes to the programming in order to make full use of that supercharger and avoid wrecking the engine.

No, there is no bolt-on supercharging system currently on the market. AFAIK, none is in development, either. Plan on investing $10,000 to start.

The plastic doesn't take up much extra room really (haven't you changed your oil yet??)... It's all engine there. Would probably have to have the hood altered to allow room for a SC, but man would that be cool.

My warranty gives me free oil changes and tire rotations every 4,250 miles. I'm sittin at 3,300 so I have a way to go. I do not know how they came up with that weird number.

The only thing I found was from this link. Third item down.

http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Dodge/Journey/

GTE electric supercharger 5psi vortex, $199.00

It says it can add up to 60hp and it is easy to install. It offers micro switch pushbutton activation. It tells you to mount it under your pedal so when you floor the car it activates and forces air into the intake.

I think it would be neat if someone installed it on the Pentastar 3.6 and had the micro switch where it could be activated similar to a nitrous button. It only stays on for about 30 seconds at a time (so it wont overheat the blower) but that's plenty of time to reach full speed if you were to drag race.

My 2013 is still under warranty, but I definitely want to install one later in the car's life. Hopefully someone on here installs this so I will have some info on whether it works or not and how much a difference it makes. A 343 HP journey sure would be fun!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I would think that having and extra 100 hp on one of these although fun, would need a lot of other upgrades. The top heavy CUV body and the current suspension and brakes do their best to hold the 283 hp now. I wouldnt want to supercharge one unless I could afford to upgrade the brakes and suspension as well. But def keep us posted if you do it either way.

• 4 weeks later...

I did find a kit the other day for a supercharger kit for the 3.6 pennstar. Guy had one on his 2013 challenger and it was very nice. I will try to find it and share as my wife and i are in the process of saving for some time then we are going to turbo ours...with all other necessary upgrades as well. Look forward to hearing from you guys and mabe meeting a few

• 4 months later...

I would only consider a centrifugal style supercharger as there should be plenty of room for that. Turbo would also be a lot of fun, but the 3.6 seems to make most of its power near the top of its RPM range, so a supercharger would really be the best to even out the torque curve. Who wants to take the plunge and show us how it's done?

• 4 months later...

My wife wants her journey to be as quick as her caliber srt4 so I was wondering what modifications will work for her car

Cams from the 3.5l magnum/charger

Turbo or super charger kits for 3.5l

Tuners or chips

How will the Transmision handle the added power of all of this and maybe a nitrous kit

She will be getting coil overs all around and drag radials/slicks up front

There's "STS Turbo" that is a completely universal turbo as it connects to the exhaust further downstream so no need for a custom exhaust manifold. Doesn't add crazy amounts of power since it uses smaller turbo's but it does add a good amount of a boost in power. Google their setups and webpage. Once you see how they do it you can just build one yourself for even cheaper. It's pretty simple. The company is actually closed now but the owner could probably help find a company to do a tune program.

Edited by SeanTacular

Supports 3.5 & 3.6 for 09-12 models and 2.4 for 09-10 models only for now.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

They are horrible for updating their charts. Took them almost a year to add the f150 ecoboost to their page even though it could tune it. But I could be mistaken.

Edit: looks like the list you found had more up to date info than the one I was looking at.

Edited by vozaday