2014 DJ SXT Service AWD System, Won't Start

cuevrojamez

Hey Everyone, I'm new here.

Just bought my used 2014 DJ SXT with 7,730 miles yesterday. Test drove fine. After signing/paying it wouldn't start. Dealer said they had that issue before I arrived, and replaced the starter. Then they did a full diag, and attributed it to the fob. They programmed a new fob, and appeared to resolve the issue.

At 8,830 miles while on cruise control it started jerking and revving the RPMs, then the display began chiming and reading "Service AWD System". When I pulled off the road and put it in park, the gear indicator showed R.

I'm dropping it off at another dealer now and will follow up later this morning.

Any help is appreciated. Definitely calling the selling dealer in the morning.

Welcome to the forum. I'm assuming the mileage is a typo and you meant 7,830 miles, but regardless I think you did the right thing going to another dealer to have a second opinion. Is there a way to contact the previous owner or find the service history? Might be interesting to find out why someone traded it in so soon, if that's possible.

It could be one of the speed sensors seeing it shows up on cruise ,

there are wheel speed and transmission speed sensors.

As for the electrical it is not unknown for a battery/connection

to fail at random and play havoc with the computers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just took possession of my DJ an hour ago. Selling dealer finally arranged transport from Hays, KS today. Hays, KS dealer determined the previous mechanic at the selling dealer didn't ground a wire correctly after installing the new starter, which caused the alternator to burn out and several fuses to blow. Selling dealer was griping to me about how much money they were losing on the sale; do it nice or do it twice. They paid for the transport, paid the dealer in Hays, KS to fix their mistake, plus they're reimbursing me for towing, hotel, and rental.

Now, I get to start enjoying it!

I find it odd that someone would get rid of a 2014 with only 7,000 miles on it. Is there anything in the car to indicate who the previous owner was? If so, I'd give him/her a call.

I guess I should of asked this in my initial post? Oh well, go out and enjoy the hell out of it now.

Edited by dhh3