Aggressive

Cody Chornobey Powley

Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus. Not aggressive like an off road tire, but I wanted my Crossroad to look like the Red show Crossroad Dodge was showing off around the country last summer. This is the only picture that I have taken so far. The Crossroad wheels have a deeper dish, so the tires stick out farther

IMG_0451_zps6154ee8d.jpg

It was too dark out. The sun has not shown here for two weeks! All of the other pictures I took the tires got lost in the wheel wells. I'm still trying!

I had 20" wheels on my Nitro. There was not a lot available in 20" tires. I'm finding out the same thing with the 19". You may have to downsize your wheels, to 17", to find what you are looking for. That is what the Nitro guys had to do.

• 1 year later...

Well I realize this thread is old, but I have to start somewhere. I have been looking for an aggressive off road tire for my DJ for a long time. I got my stock Kumho tires to 40K miles and its time to replace. Not finding anyone who has put a nice aggressive tire on their DJ that I could find (with pics), so I decided to just do it and see what happens. I just purchased a set of BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires in the stock DJ size (Cost was 1000 with road hazard, mounting, balance, etc.). As of right now, they are on national back order in this size (So this may not help you much). Im sure its not a very popular size for aggressive off road tires, hence it being on back-order. About 6 weeks ago, the discount tire by my house in Mesa could have some here in a day or two, when I went to purchase them a week ago, they had to beg, scrape, and borrow to get me 4. The will be here in the next few days, and after that ill post a pic and a quick review. Initially testing them around town, then on the desert and forest trails here in AZ. I am looking to get an inch or two of lift in my suspension somehow (thinking cheap spring/strut spacers currently). If anyone has managed how to do this, I would love to get as much detail on the process as possible.

This entertains me. Trying to turn a DJ into a Jeep was like trying to turn a Nitro into a Jeep on the nitroforumz.

With all the crap that is coming out of Sir Sergio's mouth, my next vehicle will be a Jeep; most likely a GC, as a Cherokee can only tow 2,000 pounds.

Edited by dhh3

This entertains me. Trying to turn a DJ into a Jeep was like trying to turn a Nitro into a Jeep on the nitroforumz.

With all the crap that is coming out of Sir Sergio's mouth, my next vehicle will be a Jeep; most likely a GC, as a Cherokee can only tow 2,000 pounds.

Entertains me too. If you wanted a jeep, why not buy a jeep?

Not according to my owners manual.

post-4280-0-87211500-1461784002_thumb.gi

That 4,500 is not on the websight! Now, I'll narrow my search to a Cherokee Trailhawk. I priced one out on the web, and it will be around $37,000 to get it the way I wanted. The 2,000 pounds was a killer for me, but not anymore! YaHoo! Funny, my DJ was $10,000 less. Oh, well.

I came into the Journey, from a 4 door 2011 Jeep Jk, 33 inch tires and a leveling lift. I could get 15l/100km hwy, and averaged around 19l/100km around town.

If you're willing to go down to a 17" rim on the Journey, which you'll have to if you want aggressive tires, there are a few options. Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 $160cdn/tire, and winter rated.

http://www.quattrotires.com/tires/geolandar-at-g015/168713/

A-tire1LR-1.jpg

Edited by Steve_T

Ok, I got my BFG T/A KO2's on! They look great in my opinion. So far I have only tested on paved roads, I'm going out tonight to find some mud/light snow and see how they handle. As far as road driving, with no radio on and all the air/heat off in the car, if you are listening for it, there is a small hum/noise that comes from most off road tires, but you have to really listen for it. If you have the air on in the DJ or the radio, you cant even notice the difference. As far as handling also very minimal change as well. Taking sharp quick turns feels a little more labored than with the stock Kuhmos, like if I was turning and the tire was going through a puddle/water. There is not any rubbing and there is plenty of clearance all around the tire (the BFG's are stock DJ tire size 225/65/R17). Looking back I would probably get the 235/75/R17 but as they are knobbier and more aggressive I was hesitant to do it at the time. (Learn from my mistakes!) Take a look.....