Weird mirror issues

OK. So I purchased a new mirror to replace my destroyed driver side. Had a few issues and had to swap parts, mainly the painted panel as well as the plastic trim piece at the door. (painted piece was black, my DJ is white, trim piece was broken at the leading edge) So I disassemble the connector, taking pictures as well as matching it to the old part, pull apart the swivel assembly(pita but if anyone needs to know how, let me know and I'll make a write up) swap all of my parts, modify studs where needed for proper fit... Anyways, get the thing all assembled and on the door. And my directions are all rotated CCW. Up moves right, right goes down, down goes left, and left goes up... But the right mirror operates as normal. Does anyone know of the wiring schematic(ie which color is common as well as which color controls which direction) So I can fix this thing? It's not too big of an issue, just frustrating when trying to adjust the mirror on the fly

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to get back to this guy's, I had three wires one black one green and one purple. The purple was common so I switched the black and the green. Worked like a charm. Thanks to bigstr. You were a lot of help

• 2 years later...
On 12/22/2014 at 6:12 PM, Sparkyssxt said:

OK. So I purchased a new mirror to replace my destroyed driver side. Had a few issues and had to swap parts, mainly the painted panel as well as the plastic trim piece at the door. (painted piece was black, my DJ is white, trim piece was broken at the leading edge) So I disassemble the connector, taking pictures as well as matching it to the old part, pull apart the swivel assembly(pita but if anyone needs to know how, let me know and I'll make a write up) swap all of my parts, modify studs where needed for proper fit... 

Hi Sparky,

I have the same issue.
Original mirror has silver body, so I want to swap it to the new mirror.

Can you explain how you did it?