Wipers Always On, no turn signals, etc...

Hi,

I'm having that issue some of you here have had where the wipers and the lights won't turn off, and the turn signals and rear wiper don't work.

I bought a new multifunction switch (and checked all its connections), which didn't fix it. I unplugged the battery for a while, checked all the fuses still nothing. So I brought it in to the dealer.

They took a while to come up with a diagnosis, but when they did they said I need a new cluster for $600 plus another $120 in labour to change it, I asked right away about keeping the defective one (so that I can see for myself that it's causing the issue), and said that they couldn't find the core fee so that it was not possible.

I called another dodge dealer and he right away gave me the right fees ($1108 for the cluster, $500 core).

I'm now trying to get the dealer to do the work, charge the full price and give me my defective (as they claim) cluster back so that I can pop it in and see if that's what fixed the problem. I'll then bring it back to get the core refund. They're going to call me back tomorrow.

Does any of this make sense? Do you really think the entire cluster needs to be changed, and why all the hassle to test out my defective one on my own?

Thanks,

Sean

If your going to swap the old for the new after they install it, why don't you just buy the new one and install it yourself? It's not like you can return it once it's in, but you'll save the labour fees. If the new one fixes it, you'll save a step and still get the core fee. Right?

I would REALLY like to know how this turns (or turned out)! My Journey is doing the same thing, the front windshield wipers will not go off, the gas gauge doesnt register, the speedometer goes from 0 to whatever speed I'm going over and over, and there is an AWFUL BEEPING noise😨 but the rear wiper does work like it's supposed to. So if you have found out what your problem was, PLEASE share!

• 3 months later...

Excuse me folks, My Journey is the same and I have seanton's exact same issue. Is the cluster you're talking about the TIPM?

I checked Ebay and didn't find any Journey TIPM for sale. Is there another compatible model?

Tks.

I believe he is referring to the instrument "cluster".

Again this may not be your specific problem it could be the

result of a failed switch stalk (actuating lever).

In my case, all functions on both stalks, stopped to work suddenly and continuously. Add the dash lights and front wipers always on and I have this weird scenario... Everything else is fine....

What is your Journey?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Car fixed whith TIPM reprogramming.

Thanks.

Updated information. Although the technician told me he fixed the TIPM, the problem recurred months later. He then asked me to change the battery. I did this and the problem stopped only for some months to reappear again. Today I disconnected the negative cable jump for 10 minutes and the problem disappeared.

Edited by Vanius S. R. Pizzo
New information

• 8 months later...

I have the same problème,wipers don't stop, no turn signal , no rear wipers, tried a used tipm nothing change, tried new Head light and flasher switch no changes tried a used cluster all fixed but after a day the problem came back. Might have to buy a new cluster.

• 1 month later...

I'm having what appears to be a recurrent issue. The horn beeping out of now where (i pulled the fuses) Gone thru 2 batteries in the past 6 mos. Now I'm cautious when turning Journey off. If the Dodge Ram light doesn't turn off im th dash with the rest of the vehicle it'll drain the battery. Today, it did well until this evening. The wipers came on, one speed. No rear wipers at all. No dome lights with the switch, no bright lights or turn signals. Concerned bc I had to turn Journey off with them still on, even though everything is actually turned off. Journey never ceases to amaze me