rotated my tire today

2late4u

Well looked in my manual and didnt see anything on which way to rotate my tires so looked on the internet and pros and cons on each way. Front to back and crisscross the rears when doing front to back, so ended up just doing the front to back and will stick to that. Had close to 10k on the speedo and did it myself since i am retired and my time is worth alot less now that i dont work and i just enjoy doing the little things if i can..Also remember cold weather is coming in so check your air pressure and pump them up...also first time with the 19 inch rims and tires and so far the kumos are wearing good and hope they last as my last 17 inch tires did, close to 60 k on them kumos and still had tread left.

I rotate my own tires as well. Having multiple floor jacks help. I do left rear to left front, left front to right rear, right rear to right front and right front to left rear. Except on my cars with directional tires. Those are just front to back, back to front. I do it every 5000 miles.

Edited by jkeaton

Well looked in my manual and didnt see anything on which way to rotate my tires so looked on the internet and pros and cons on each way. Front to back and crisscross the rears when doing front to back, so ended up just doing the front to back and will stick to that. Had close to 10k on the speedo and did it myself since i am retired and my time is worth alot less now that i dont work and i just enjoy doing the little things if i can..Also remember cold weather is coming in so check your air pressure and pump them up...also first time with the 19 inch rims and tires and so far the kumos are wearing good and hope they last as my last 17 inch tires did, close to 60 k on them kumos and still had tread left.

Since I switch from the all-seasons to snow tires I mark each tire before storing them away and when they go back on in the spring I follow the crisscross rotation as instructed in the owners manual. That works great for me as I don't need to jack up the whole vehicle but do one at a time. As for low tire pressure in the cooler season I just had this happen where 3 tires were showing low pressure even when inflated to 36 psi....very frustrating as the tpms would never turn off. Anyhow, when I checked with my works pressure gauge i was only at 33 psi so I had a faulty gauge at home. I can say that this is probably a good reason why we have the TPMS in our cars. Thought I would mention it for anyone who comes across the same issue.

!0,000 on your Crossroad already? I just turned over 2,000! Due to failed back surgery, there is not much I can do anymore with my cars. :( So many mechanical things that I miss doing to my car. The only reason that I traded my Nitro was that it was getting too hard for me to climb up into it, even with nerf bars. The DJ is the perfect height for me; and I especially love the lumber support. Now, I need to add a Katzkin seat heater.

• 1 year later...

well just got back from having my tires balanced the 2nd time in 4 days. my 2014 needed new tires a while ago so i got some off discount tire and took them to the walmart that i like it is about 24 miles from my house good mech there.Well have I about 7k on them so i thought since i have lifetime rotation and bal thur wal mart might as well have them done so instead of driving the 24 miles i went to the local walmart less than 2 miles from my house that i really dont like that much.I figured hey its only a balance and rotation how could they mess that up...LOL guess they showed me so I havent drove the journey much just in town driving so we have to go the doctors office in the bigger city and have a serious vibration at around 60-70 mph real bad so get back home and take a look and all the tires have weights on them in fact one has a shit load of them so i drive it the 23 miles to the walmart that i had them mounted the first time , and they come out and just shaking their heads about the balance job they said one wheel had so many wheel weights spread out around half of the tire and between all 4 tires theirs was at least 1lb of weights that didnt need to be there. Well it drove like a charm going home so i called the walmart that i just left and asked for the manager and told him what his mech. found and that the car was driving like a dream. he said thanks but sounded like well why did you call and tell me this so i said just wanted to let you know that your guys did a fantastic job and solved my problem that was caused by a different store so then he sounded better about my return call.... so be care full about who works on your car and when you have good ones dont thing well how bad could they mess it up........ Was thinking should i take my paperwork back up to the walmart close to my house that did the terrible job and ask to see the manger and tell him what the other walmart store found was wrong, so he could address the problems with his workers or just forget it. what would you all do?????

I have the same problem and situation at CostCo...one store told me they couldnt rotate the tires because the thread difference between the tires was too severe..WTF, isnt that why you rotate tires? They did balance the tires though, "boy were they off!" Funny the car rode like glass. Of course on the way home after 45 mph the vibration was so bad the headrests were shaking! Went to a different CostCo, they rotated and balanced the tires, riding like glass once again! What u gonna do......

I had the rear shocks on mine go bad , 140,000 miles , everything is due to be here Thursday so I can change them .. really cupping the inside of the drivers side somewhat and enough to make the tires noisy ... after I change the shocks going to rotate them in a cross pattern and have them balanced . funny thing is that discount tire will not cross rotate even though I point out the tire maker recommends this.

they also try to fall back on they have to put the best tread to the rear ...

think I will try a little local shop to balance all four tires and rotate them the way I want after I fix the shocks ...

I do a straight back-to-front only rotation with every switch from winter to summer tires and back again - the tires on both the old and on the present Journey have worn evenly and no re-balancing has been required. Since I do the swap myself I know that the nuts are properly torqued and I maintain a cold tore pressure at 1 pound above spec,

The idea behind putting the newer tires on the back instead of the front (if you are replacing a pair of tires out of sync) is that it is easier to correct for understeer than oversteer. You have ZERO control over the rear wheels in a FWD vehicle. You have both steering angle and brakes/throttle to control the front wheels. If you have the deeper tread on the front wheels and you lose traction on the front wheels, the back wheels were already out of control. There are plenty of videos detailing this.

FWD vehicles usually have a tire rotation pattern of front straight to back, back cross to front (such has been my experience with FWD vehicles). The exception to this is if you have directional tires (think Goodyear Assurance tires with triple tread - the type that has the large V-pattern groove). Those types of tires are designed to channel water away from the center of the wheel (the point of the V hits the ground first, forcing water into the channels and away from the tire). If you put them on backwards, it will reduce traction, potentially causing hydroplaning. In that case, you rotate straight front to back, no crossing (unless you have the option of remounting and balancing tires at home, but that will probably reduce tire life by added wear on the sidewall, not to mention a higher chance of damaging your rims every 6-12 months).

• 4 months later...

well since i have put about 5k more decided to rotate my tires myself even thou i have lifetime rotation and balance at walmart just wanted to check my brake pads front and rear and they look great almost cant even see any wear on them and have 50650 miles on the speedo so the new upgraded brakes are doing a great job. tires looked great,real even wear on them dont have a tread depth gage but they look like the are giving good wear on them i put on cooper c5  tires at 36 k as the kumhos didnt hold up real great with these  19 inch wheels like my 17 inch kumhos did.....