8.4 UConnect Climate Controls Not Changing ?

Hello i just purchased a 2011 Dodge Journey. I was wondering if when you use the climate controls below the raido not on the touch screen , should it change it on the screen ?

I change the climate from cold or to heat and the screen will be on climate but the numbers dont move in temperature . It just reads 22c . I belive it should move up in number temperature or down but it dont see it doing that? So is somthing wrong?

Even with i use the touch screen to adjust the climate / temperature setting i do see numbers and it moves up or down then goes back to 22c , but the temperature does change becuase you can feel either the heat or cold air come out. So it is working as in changing the actual temp but like i said i don't see any numbers moving up or down when i push the buttons.

Maybe needs updated? Flashed? New Radio? ???

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks

There were several radio flashes that year. I checked the TSB's and none of them specifically mention this issue, but a flash may solve the problem regardless. Your dealer can plug into the car and see what applies, if any. If there are fault codes, then a diagnostic trace procedure will ensue based on the code(s) present. Keep us posted!

Yes i will keep posted.

Also i wonder if my current vehicle i just purchased has had the radio upgraded from 4 to 8" screen ? I did call Sirius XM to get my free trial activated and they said from the radio code i had to give them to activate, it was coming up as a 2011 Dodge Charger?? So im thinking maybe this is not the original ?

I did call Sirius XM to get my free trial activated and they said from the radio code i had to give them to activate, it was coming up as a 2011 Dodge Charger??

Don't go by what Sirius says - I have dealt with them numerous times and more often than not they are far from accurate, shall we say. Yes it is possible your radio has been changed but let your dealer determine that to be the case.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I upgraded from 4 to 8 and experiencing the same issue. Any update on this thread will be appreciated.

Something to consider is reviewing the radios used on each case. I used a C300 radio, Part Number: 68210554AE.

Big hug to everybody!

Edited by gusa