painted the mud flaps red on my 2014 blacktop!!!

Riced eh? Not really. Just making it different from the few others here in town, I'll go ahead with the red dip and see how it looks, honestly I think it'll look dope, better than plane jane. I had an elantra before this and I had that decked out to, wasn't riced out but just enough touch, clean,simple,fresh.

What looks rice imo, is that is the only red on the car. They stand out like a huge wing on a civic. Maybe if there were some other red accents as mentioned they swould lot stand out like a sore thumb. Sorry, I just don't look at that and go "wow, bad a$$". More like "wtf, did he run over a puddle of red paint?"... :lol:

You asked for opinions.

Edited by jkeaton

Ran out of niteshades haha. And yea calipers are being painted in the summer. Getting to cold now. And only dipping the rims for the winter than goi g back to the black in spring

For protection purposes? Good idea... Mine have been dipped for several months now and they are holding up great! The car wash I go to has arms with rotating stiff bristle brushes on them that hit the wheels so hard that the car moves...no sign of damage whatsoever.

I actually like the red on the silver. Keep your wheels black and paint or cover the caliper covers with red to match.

My previous ride was a 2011 silver Nitro that I put some red accents on.

I was unsure of what the difference was between the Blacktop and the Crossroad. My dealer just got a new Blacktop version in, and I compared it to my Crossroad. Some parts shared, other differences. But at least now I know.

I would like to do a pin stripe, but I can't decide what color would match Copperhead Pearl.

I like these alot. My previous ride was a 2011 Silver Nitro and I added some red accents to it. Do not change the wheel color. Just paint or cover the brake calipers with red. What kind of paint did you use?

I was unsure of what the difference was between the Blacktop and the Crossroad. My dealer just got a white Blacktop in. They share some parts, but are distinctively different.

I would like to add a pinstripe, but I'm not sure what color to use on my Copperhead Pearl. Since the accents are satin silver, maybe I can find a satin silver pinstripe.

I'm toying with the idea of adding red caliper covers, because the covers are so evident between my wheel spokes, at least on the front. I have to think hard about this one, because I'm trying to visualize the look.

I've thought about getting covers too. But I herd they melt to your calipers and sometimes make a mess, I am p!asti dipping my rims silver for the winter and summer I'll take it off and paint the calipers red. I'm in the midst of getting a blacktop sticker for my windshield with the red strips on it and doing a retrofit after Xmas

I put Red MGP caliper covers on my Nitro. They showed through the 20" wheels. They are made of aluminum. The paint and aluminum are both high temperature so I doubt if they would melt. The only thing that concerns me is the distance between the Crossroad 19" wheel and the front caliper. The rear seems to be fine. The seller says minimum is 1/8" and I have been reassured that they will fit.

• 1 year later...