Alarm keeps going off.

Hi,

Anyone else having their alarm going off for no real reason?

I picked up my car yesterday and all seemed fine with it. This evening we locked it and about 16 seconds later the alarm went off just after the light on the dash stopped flashing quickly. Then it did it again and again.... It didn't matter how many times we switched the ignition on and off or pressed lock 3 times to deactivate the sensors the alarm just kept going off. I must have the premium alarm as it sounds a siren as well as the horn.

Eventually to secure the car I would press lock on the RKE to lock all doors. Then press unlock once to unlock drivers door, once opened I pushed down the chrome knob next to the window and shut the door. Basically locking the car manually without arming the alarm.

Has anyone else had problems? I need to ring the dealer tommorow but it's usually good if I can say others are experiencing the same thing.

Cheers!

I rang the dealer today.

They said there was an issue with these alarms and Chrysler Technical are dealing with it. In the meantime they said press the lock button 4 times to deactivate the ultrasonic sensors. I thought I read in the book press lock 3 times but the extra press seems to do the job. Not only that on the 4th press the car 'chirps' to say the sensors are off.

So I don't have functioning ultrasonics but at least the neighbours get some peace and quiet!

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

This just started ... when I push unlock on my keyless entry remote, it sets off the alarm. Not the panic alarm, the regular alarm. Nothing will shut it off. Then, once I get the door key out and open the door manually, it switches into panic alarm mode and then I can shut it off then. It doesn't do it again unless it sits for a while. Any clues? My dealer said he's never heard of this and I have an appt on Monday.

We did have an alarm problem with ours... Occasionally It would go off when we pressed the unlock button and you couldn't get it to turn off.

They replaced a part in the car as well as both keyfobs.

Do you remember what part this was? I think I have the same problem.

This just started ... when I push unlock on my keyless entry remote, it sets off the alarm. Not the panic alarm, the regular alarm. Nothing will shut it off. Then, once I get the door key out and open the door manually, it switches into panic alarm mode and then I can shut it off then. It doesn't do it again unless it sits for a while. Any clues? My dealer said he's never heard of this and I have an appt on Monday.

I had this exact same problem!! Sooooo annoying!!!!!

After an unsuccessful diagnostic and it happening again. I called the dealer while it was going off. They said there was no reason for it. No kidding!

In the end, they found that the wires connecting to the module for the alarm were loose/not connected properly. So they fixed that. I haven't had the problem since and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope this helps!

PS >> When your dealer tells you they've never heard of the problem before, don't let that discourage you. You're not crazy! There seems to be a lot of little annoying electrical problems with the Journey. (I've already had my horn replaced once, alarm worked on, passenger side power window repaired...etc) Aside from that, the vehicle is amazing! It's kind of like a catch-22: I love the funtionality, the ride, the utility; I hate the numerous warranty issues!

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting, I didn't realize there were motion detectors inside the vehicle. What was the butterfly made out of?

I dont think so, I tried to locked the car while I'm inside it didnt alarm. I have the same problem here last time when I pushed the unlocked button the alarm sound and after arround 5 min it stops. the alarm sounds aswell on its own twice since brandnew I dont know whats the cause.

believe it or not my Journey HATES with a passion Ice Cream vans, the minute one goes past our drive way, the funny vibrations from it (as its up hill the road in front) OFF goes the alarm!!!

it also hates Trucks from about 7.5 tonnes and upward, if parked locked and alarmed off it goes..... ARGGHHHHH!!!!

I'm still waiting for a call to tell me to take the car in to have a flash upgrade to fix the problem. About a month ago I was told Chrysler was 'Very close' to having a fix.

In the meantime it's still a matter of pressing the lock button 4 times until the car 'peeps' to say the sensors are disabled.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else having their alarm going off for no real reason?

Just wondering if you ended out getting this matter resolved? We have exactly the same problem, but while we're waiting for it to get fixed, ours is made worse by the fact it has been converted for right hand drive, but half of the locking mechanism set up has been left hand drive...so we have to get out, hop in the passengers side, and lock it manually from there...which is great with 3 little kids running around!! So I'm very keen to see if pressing the button 4 times works!!!

I'm told the 2 sensors fitted to UK spec Journeys (not sure about other world cars) sometimes conflict with each other and therefore set the alarm off. I'm told the fix is to drop the headlining and add two more sensors and de-activate the sensors fitted by the factory. So in effect there will be four sensors in the headlining of which two will be connected. Apparantly the new sensors arn't Dodge ones but they are approved by Dodge and meet the current Thatcham alarm requirements here in the UK.

My dealer told me they will ring when the sensors are in -it's 2 weeks now, but I'm not getting excited about it. I can wait.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

I got my alarm sensors fixed today. Since day two of ownership the alarm kept going off, not really a major problem because if you hit the fob lock button four times it disables the sensors. This we've been doing for the past six months while waiting for Dodge to come up with a fix.

Today I took the car to Marshalls of Peterborough and within an hour two sensors had been fitted to the 2nd and 3rd row of overhead lighting. The headlining stayed in place as the light units/alarm sensors pop out of it. Nice and speedy!

All seems fine (and quiet) now!

That's been the only problem with the car.

Cheers!

I was originally told press the button 3 times too by the dealer. I can't remember if was the handbook or Dodge UK Customer Services told me to press it four times then the car will 'beep' telling you the sensors are disabled.

Still, the fix is in place now so go back to the dealer and get them to order the parts. They come in a small poly bag and you get two sensors that match the colour of the roof light fittings, you also get some wiring and instructions. My dealer hadn't done one before and as it took less than an hour I'm guessing it must be pretty straight forward.

Day 2 and the Alarm has not gone off in error.

Cheers!

I was originally told press the button 3 times too by the dealer. I can't remember if was the handbook or Dodge UK Customer Services told me to press it four times then the car will 'beep' telling you the sensors are disabled.

Still, the fix is in place now so go back to the dealer and get them to order the parts. They come in a small poly bag and you get two sensors that match the colour of the roof light fittings, you also get some wiring and instructions. My dealer hadn't done one before and as it took less than an hour I'm guessing it must be pretty straight forward.

Day 2 and the Alarm has not gone off in error.

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Nice to know there ias a fix as mine has gone off several times, mostly at 3am, but also during the day.

I think they were all false alarms and I did not know it could be disabled but did here the beep and wondered what that was.

My dealer has lost the dealership and I will wait until a new dealer is in place as the nearest is some 20 miles away.

Might wait now until the 1st service at 12K, its done 5k now.

John

Hi,

I'd be inclined to get it fixed now as there are probably limited numbers of the upgrade kits. Also the 'known' problem is fresh in Dodge UK's minds and they will be expecting calls from us customers.

I had to travel 50 miles each way to the dealer I bought the car from as the other two nearest to me wern't that helpfull when I wanted to buy the car and have since stopped selling Dodge (Chrysler & Jeep) but they do still service them. Luckily a Mercedes dealer just 8 miles away are taking on Dodge (CJ) so that will make servicing much easier.

BTW which Journey did you get?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I'd be inclined to get it fixed now as there are probably limited numbers of the upgrade kits. Also the 'known' problem is fresh in Dodge UK's minds and they will be expecting calls from us customers.

I had to travel 50 miles each way to the dealer I bought the car from as the other two nearest to me wern't that helpfull when I wanted to buy the car and have since stopped selling Dodge (Chrysler & Jeep) but they do still service them. Luckily a Mercedes dealer just 8 miles away are taking on Dodge (CJ) so that will make servicing much easier.

BTW which Journey did you get?

Just so everyone know, i was having problems with the alaram going off instantly when ever i pushed the lock button on my key fob. I was also having problems starting the car...sometimes when i turn the fob in the CAS unit (ingition unit) it would not start...i would ahve to turn abck to off and try again.

Turns out these problems are realted. There was a TSB that should have been done before my car was sold, to repalce the CAS (ingnition unit in dash) unit with an updated version, for these very problems. SInce it was repalced in may, i have not had one problem what so ever. And it use to happen 1 every two weeks or so...so it was a very consistant problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have this problem!!!! Alarm just goes off...always in the evenig or night when its quiet.... Why is that? In the first couple of weeks it actually frox=ze when i unlocked it. Horn, siren and flashing lighs al went off. Transmitters didnt do anything. Had to leave it to sqauk and beep for 2 hours until the roadside people came, disconnected the power which reset the whole thing. It hasnt done that since but the alarm is causing me grief! Its a 2.0CRD SXT reg'd 15th Sept 09. I shall mention it to the dealer...its in with a coolant problem at the moment....the water keeps dissapearing but no apparent leak/puddle.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 years later...