** DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS ** PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A THREAD

• 2 months later...

Hello. Is there anybody who can check/add LMK code to my VIN? I've tried to my local dealer with no success. He checked in Vehicle Option Updates, but code doesn't exist there. Maybe should looking somewhere else?

My VIN is: 2C4RC1CG4CR291867 

witech.JPG

25 minutes ago, Blaza said:

Hello. Is there anybody who can check/add LMK code to my VIN? I've tried to my local dealer with no success. He checked in Vehicle Option Updates, but code doesn't exist there. Maybe should looking somewhere else?

witech.JPG

The sales code is still not available. 

3 hours ago, Blaza said:

witech.JPG

That is the correct area. The code is no longer there for dealers to add. Just to be sure, I double checked just now on the DealerConnect page. 

At one point FCA re-instated the LMK code for us to add, and then removed it again. I keep checking periodically to see if it comes back. If it does, I will update you all. 

12 minutes ago, Journeyman425 said:

That is the correct area. The code is no longer there for dealers to add. Just to be sure, I double checked just now on the DealerConnect page. 

At one point FCA re-instated the LMK code for us to add, and then removed it again. I keep checking periodically to see if it comes back. If it does, I will update you all. 

Thank you. Can't wait. 

19 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

If DRL's are not mandated where you live, then you are out of luck for now. You may be unhappy about it, yes. But maybe you should have checked before purchase if this is a "must have" feature for you.

I'm not complaining, because as you said, I know what I bought. This is wish have. Currently I'm very close to achieve the goal using Chinese cheep ELM 327 device and write settings directly to BCM. Will let you know about progress. 

Hello everyone who is trying to enable the DRL feature, the solution is very easy with an england scanner that I bought on ebay. It's very easy and still enables the SRT screens feature in journey uconnect 8.4.
I'm trying now to enable other features that would be:
  NHS $$ Heated Steering Wheel
XBM $$ Remote Start System
LHF $$ Panic Alarm Switch

But here in my country it is very difficult to talk to dealer. If someone knows a distributor who adds the sales codes, I want to pay but here none want to do the service. I will try after adding the sales code to restore the vehicle with the Chinese copy Witech.

Edited by leandrocma

30 minutes ago, leandrocma said:

Hello everyone who is trying to enable the DRL feature, the solution is very easy with an england scanner that I bought on ebay. It's very easy and still enables the SRT screens feature in journey uconnect 8.4.
I'm trying now to enable other features that would be:
  NHS $$ Heated Steering Wheel
XBM $$ Remote Start System
LHF $$ Panic Alarm Switch

But here in my country it is very difficult to talk to dealer. If someone knows a distributor who adds the sales codes, I want to pay but here none want to do the service. I will try after adding the sales code to restore the vehicle with the Chinese copy Witech.

Can it be used to add code RSM?  That enabled the Sirius Travel Link feature - not applicable in South America, but annoying not to have when your radio is subscribed to it but the company won't enable the code . . . . no different than the code for the DRLs.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for writing this thread, it allowed for me to be fully equipped at the dealership last week. In the case of my 16 SXT the response from the dealer was something to the tune of...

"the LM* code can be placed on the vehicle but would put it in Canada mode and would switch everything over to Metric...etc.. etc.."

So upon further investigation I found the following article which applies to the Ram trucks, https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/bbg/pdf/2016/docs/ram/ramdrl.pdf which noted a few other options. But as @jkeaton mentioned earlier that the dealerships may not have the code available anymore. But we'll see, sometimes its fun to just to give the dealership an actual challenge rather than just being a typical customer.

Thanks everyone for all the info! I just bought a 14 Journey and before purchasing had read all this and asked the dealership directly about getting them working- which of course they had no clue. I ended up contacting them about the service code and apparently they have been able to add it. I am bringing it in Friday to get "re flashed" so I guess we will see if it works- sounds like as if recently that code was not available so I'm not sure how they got it added- guess we will see!

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎15 at 9:15 AM, wildfire said:

Thanks for writing this thread, it allowed for me to be fully equipped at the dealership last week. In the case of my 16 SXT the response from the dealer was something to the tune of...

"the LM* code can be placed on the vehicle but would put it in Canada mode and would switch everything over to Metric...etc.. etc.."

So upon further investigation I found the following article which applies to the Ram trucks, https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/bbg/pdf/2016/docs/ram/ramdrl.pdf which noted a few other options. But as @jkeaton mentioned earlier that the dealerships may not have the code available anymore. But we'll see, sometimes its fun to just to give the dealership an actual challenge rather than just being a typical customer.

Interesting . . . . 'Canada Mode'.  This is a sales code, not a region specifier.  And since there is a menu item in settings that allows you to select US or Metric units, so if your vehicle switched over, you simply go and switch it back.

Eh. Long story short. I showed all three codes as was noted in the link above. These were tested, applied but not able to be set successfully. It is possible that the issue is related to not having the headlamp "Auto" capability..

So for now I'll stand down. Perhaps I'll try a different dealer or wait to see what others have experienced when there is more time.

Edited by wildfire

6 hours ago, wildfire said:

Eh. Long story short. I showed all three codes as was noted in the link above. These were tested, applied but not able to be set successfully. It is possible that the issue is related to not having the headlamp "Auto" capability..

So for now I'll stand down. Perhaps I'll try a different dealer or wait to see what others have experienced when there is more time.

LMK is the only sales code that applies to the Journey (known internally as JC in Chryslerspeak) It has been unavailable to me to add for well over a year now, probably closer to two years. If you provide the last eight digits of your VIN to me I will be happy to double check. The Auto headlamp option has no bearing on DRL capability. Auto headlamps require a sales code all their own. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...