** DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS ** PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A THREAD

I've tried to have DRL activated on my 2013 Journey Crew VIN# 3C4PDCDG3DT558171 bought used 7/15/2015 by showing the Dealers service writer the posts http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/2760-daytime-running-lights-activated/page-5#entry26839 saying to add LMK but the response has been "it can't be done."

Since then I've stumbled onto this thread were people report success in having DRL added.

Please help. What do I have to do/say at the dealer to get DRL enabled ?

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried to have DRL activated on my 2013 Journey Crew VIN# 3C4PDCDG3DT558171 bought used 7/15/2015 by showing the Dealers service writer the posts http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/2760-daytime-running-lights-activated/page-5#entry26839 saying to add LMK but the response has been "it can't be done."

Since then I've stumbled onto this thread were people report success in having DRL added.

You can't at the moment. The service dept literally can't as the option (LMK code) is gone for them. Until it reappears you don't have an option. Stupid? Yes. Who knows why it isn't available to us in the US. High Beams burning out faster under warranty with DRL on? Who knows. Edited by QuarterSwede

I rechecked the

I rechecked your VIN today and code LMK is still not present for me to add...sorry.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello.
Excuse my bad English.
I need your help.
I am the owner of the vehicle Jeep Patriot.
vin 1J4NF4GB9BD230001
I turned to his Diller to activate the rear camera and DRL.
Nothing succeeded.
Please: Do You can follow any responses to see if these options are enabled for my car.
Thank you.

I used mygig lockpick three years.
Everything worked perfectly.
How can I add sales codes in my car a profile on dealerсonneсt.chrysler.com?

- My dad told me to buy better Chevrolet Niva :)

Edited by s76

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday When I took my 2016 sxt in for radio issues with Bluetooth.  I asked the service department if they could take a look at the drl's cause I did not think they were working.  After they got done with the radio which has to be changed out they told me the vehicle did not come equipped with drl's.  Sales person said that it did and on the uconnect radio it has the screen to either turn off or on.  Why does it not come with drl's when their is an button on the screen that says to turn on or off.  Now I have to call up insurance and tell them no it does not have drl's

hey 2late4u not the entire blog but did read where it did say vehicle needed to be in gear and running.  What baffles me is when driving i have came up to other vehicles where I could visible see the front vehicle but no lights are on. and even came up to a window and same.  I am going back to dealership.  The sales person did tell me that it did have to be in gear and running.  Have a good day.

Thanks for the info Bram.  I took a look at the build sheet and it said nothing about DRL's.  So no DRL's.  I talked with the dealership.  I talked to the sales department Manager and he was dumbfounded that the sxt model I had did not have DRL's or Siriusxm.  I told him it was strange that on the radio screen that it has the button to turn off or on and the vehicle does not actually have DRL's that that if something happened and the person thought that they had DRL's and actual don't and he interjected and said yeah Dodge could be looking at a big lawsuit if that happened.  I agreed.  Thanks for your helping me find out.

9 hours ago, vrodbrad said:

Thanks for the info Bram.  I took a look at the build sheet and it said nothing about DRL's.  So no DRL's.  I talked with the dealership.  I talked to the sales department Manager and he was dumbfounded that the sxt model I had did not have DRL's or Siriusxm.  I told him it was strange that on the radio screen that it has the button to turn off or on and the vehicle does not actually have DRL's that that if something happened and the person thought that they had DRL's and actual don't and he interjected and said yeah Dodge could be looking at a big lawsuit if that happened.  I agreed.  Thanks for your helping me find out.

I am a dealer service manager. I've had this conversation with several people at FCA as to why the vehicle shows the feature in the radio screen, allows it to be seemingly toggled on and off, yet the car may or may not have them. No one has been able to give me a factual answer. If you read through this thread from the beginning, you will see that I have had some success adding the proper sales code which allows the DRL to be activated once the vehicle is reconfigured at the dealership. Over the last few years, the sales code has been removed from the dealer website (DealerConnect) by FCA, put back, and removed again with no explanation. I monitor it periodically and will announce its return in this thread should that ever happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I read through a bunch of these Journey DRL strings, but have yet to find my weird situation.  I am able to enable the DRL's in my 2012 Journey SXT; however, whenever I use the turn signals, the DRL's turn off (and on, alternating with the turn signal bulbs).  I always assumed this was a wiring issue and not worth a trip to the dealership for me (I have my DRL's off now), but I thought I throw it out there to see if anyone else has encountered.

Thanks