** DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS ** PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A THREAD

so journeyman425 - does this apply to my Vin# 3C4PDD8G2DT631670 ? sure hope so - thanx Lloyd -

Lloyd - the correct sales code is already attached to your options. If your DRL are not working, your dealer should perform a vehicle restoration and then try them. I assume they have been enabled on the radio screen.

I, dhh3, a humble member, am proud to announce that I now have Factory DRLs on my 2014 Dodge Journey.

Now, for the weird part. Ever since last June, I wanted DRLs but was told by both The Forum and my Dealer that Chrysler removed the LMK code on the Options side of the build code in 2014. Therefore, I could not have them. Then, mysteriously, the LMK code was added back in, according to the Forum; so anyone with a 2014 can now have them added. I called my Dealer and they agreed. Fine.

Now for the really weird stuff!

On my W/O, it states: The SLS code is present and DRLs are turned on in the radio, but Customer states they do not work. Vehicle did not come from Factory with DRLs. Checked and found Chrysler added Sales Code SLS. Vehicle needs to be reconfigured. Reconfigured vehicle and DRLs working at this time.

So, is it LMK or SLS? In either case, it doesn't bother me because mine finally work. But, it may affect someone else.

I, dhh3, a humble member, am proud to announce that I now have Factory DRLs on my 2014 Dodge Journey.

Now, for the weird part. Ever since last June, I wanted DRLs but was told by both The Forum and my Dealer that Chrysler removed the LMK code on the Options side of the build code in 2014. Therefore, I could not have them. Then, mysteriously, the LMK code was added back in, according to the Forum; so anyone with a 2014 can now have them added. I called my Dealer and they agreed. Fine.

Now for the really weird stuff!

On my W/O, it states: The SLS code is present and DRLs are turned on in the radio, but Customer states they do not work. Vehicle did not come from Factory with DRLs. Checked and found Chrysler added Sales Code SLS. Vehicle needs to be reconfigured. Reconfigured vehicle and DRLs working at this time.

So, is it LMK or SLS? In either case, it doesn't bother me because mine finally work. But, it may affect someone else.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Now, for the weird part. Ever since last June, I wanted DRLs but was told by both The Forum and my Dealer that Chrysler removed the LMK code on the Options side of the build code in 2014. Then, mysteriously, the LMK code was added back in

So, is it LMK or SLS?

It is true that for model year 2014, Sales Code LMK which enables DRL was removed from our database of codes that we can add at the dealer level. No one at Chrysler offered any explanation and it *appeared* that they were making DRL available as a factory only extra-cost option. Then last week, a member asked me if they could be enabled on his 2015 Journey so I tried it. Sure enough, the code was there for me to add. I tried a friend's 2014 VIN and it was there too, where it hadn't been months prior. I tried a couple more VINs, including yours, and they all allowed the code. Chrysler has put it back just as quietly as they removed it. Very strange. I have no explanation.

On your repair order, "SLS" is an abbreviation for "Sales" as in "Sales Code". SLS itself is not a code. Your Service Advisor mildly misinterpreted the tech's notes when he/she invoiced your Repair Order, that's all. LMK is the Sales Code which enables DRL. I'm glad they work!

And when you turn on the signal light, it goes off on the side that is blinking - like the TOO bright LEDs on some of the newer cars do! I was behind a White Ram Pickup and could see my reflection in the tailgate. The guy behind me probably thought I was an idiot who couldn't make up my mind: left turn or right. I was practicing with my reflection and was in a left turn only lane.

And when you turn on the signal light, it goes off on the side that is blinking - like the TOO bright LEDs on some of the newer cars do! I was behind a White Ram Pickup and could see my reflection in the tailgate. The guy behind me probably thought I was an idiot who couldn't make up my mind: left turn or right. I was practicing with my reflection and was in a left turn only lane.

Ha! Funny...

• 4 weeks later...

Luckily I returned my aftermarket Phillips LED DRL. I've been monitoring this thread/forum for some time and I can't wait to contact my dealer to have them activate my DRL.

My alternate plan was to cover the auto headlights sensor on the dash which then keeps the full lighting system on all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

The price is set by the individual dealer. Some will charge a half-hour labor minimum, others an hour, the selling dealer may do it at no charge as 2late4u has stated. A Vehicle Restoration takes all of 10-15 minutes to perform when the internet connection and the peripheral equipment is all working properly.

Yeah! I argued that too but I'm still out $55.

well i would have gone to the head guy and told him nicely that if they wanted my repeat sales and recommendations to my friends that they should do it for free and or refund the money to me or maybe he might offer you a free 2 yr oil change service on top of your first 4 free oil services that you will get instead of a refund. good luck and remember their are lots of dodge dealers that you can use...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm new to this forum. I just bought a Dodge Journey Crossroad 2015 then I realized that the switch light doesn't have the AUTO option. On the Uconnect screen I have selected the DRL option but they didn't work. Then I started searching ... I seeing that this is a common problem and it's a shame to have this crossover SUV in 2015 without auto lights. I read that Journeyman425 have been helping a lot of people with the same problem. If you can check mine, here is my VIN # FT659283 and 500 miles. Thanks in advance ...

• 4 months later...

Can anyone please help me. I bought a new 2015 Dodge Journey SXT and had it shipped here in England from the US (so it has US Specs) although I have the option to turn on the DRL in the uconnect screen it still doesn't do anything. I was told they added the option in my VIN but when they tried reflashing it still didn't work (their reason is maybe because I don't have the actual hardware/wire for it). Can anyone please assist me in finding out whether they did add the option in the first place, and if they didn't how can they add it, and if they ask what do they need to add what do I tell them? My VIN is 3C4PDCBG2FT733810, thank you!

No one is fully informed with the Mopar vehicles. Not the repair people or the sales people. There was an access built in the trunk for the fuel tank in the Sebring. If the fuel pump went bad it could be replaced without dropping the tank. How did I find out? Dropped the tank and there it was. The dealer service department I have to deal with is sad.

No one is fully informed with the Mopar vehicles. Not the repair people or the sales people. There was an access built in the trunk for the fuel tank in the Sebring. If the fuel pump went bad it could be replaced without dropping the tank. How did I find out? Dropped the tank and there it was. The dealer service department I have to deal with is sad.