** DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS ** PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A THREAD

There have been several topics in various threads on this Forum regarding Daytime Running Lamps. For 2011-2013 models, if they were not equipped or working, adding the sales code LMK and performing a Vehicle Restoration or Reconfiguration would enable the DRL. For 2014, DRL has become a stand-alone factory option and can no longer be added at the dealer level. Anyone reading this Forum and considering the purchase of a new Journey that wants DRL will have to find a vehicle with the feature already enabled from the factory or, if ordering a new Journey, will have to factory-order the feature.

• 1 month later...

not "happy" with the answer but @ least dlr told the truth ! !

I was surprised to see LMK omitted from your database. I thought maybe yours was a late 2013 build but it was built in 2/13 - earlier than mine. Either your vehicle configuration does not support DRL or Chrysler has recently removed the ability for the dealers to add LMK retroactive to earlier models. I doubt that to be true because I enabled them for a member here just two weeks ago on a 2012. Sorry! But yes, your dealership was honest with you.

I edited the title and pinned it to this forum, you think it would be better to have it on the main forum? If so, I'll move it there. Title ok?

Looks good to me, JK. I'm getting a lot of requests to add sales codes to newer (2014+) vehicles and it no longer can be done. Maybe raising some awareness will cut down on some of these inquiries. I'm always willing to help but in this case I'm no longer able to do so. If they continue then maybe moving to main forum would be wise. Thanks!

So if the vehicle was not already built with the option, it can't be added by calling corporate and asking them to add it at their end? In the future, maybe not have it as an option on the Uconnect so folks don't have an expectation that they can have drl activated. Not sure why this has to be a point of angst between the consumer, the dealer and the corporation. If the user wants to have DRLs, they should be able to get them.

I edited the title and pinned it to this forum, you think it would be better to have it on the main forum? If so, I'll move it there. Title ok?

So if the vehicle was not already built with the option, it can't be added by calling corporate and asking them to add it at their end? In the future, maybe not have it as an option on the Uconnect so folks don't have an expectation that they can have drl activated. Not sure why this has to be a point of angst between the consumer, the dealer and the corporation. If the user wants to have DRLs, they should be able to get them.

Didn't take long for the posts to start up again... ughh...

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see LMK omitted from your database. I thought maybe yours was a late 2013 build but it was built in 2/13 - earlier than mine. Either your vehicle configuration does not support DRL or Chrysler has recently removed the ability for the dealers to add LMK retroactive to earlier models. I doubt that to be true because I enabled them for a member here just two weeks ago on a 2012. Sorry! But yes, your dealership was honest with you.

Wow, could you check for my VIN (2009 model) if it's possible adding that sales code? Note that I'm writing from Spain, where I live and bought my DJ (brand new) 4 years ago.

There are some specific accesories for us, who live outside US, in this web http://www.moparinternational.com , including DRL's, but I don't like adding unnecessary hardware (which would be, in addition, more expensive).

Thank you.

PS. I've sent you a PM, if you don't attend PM's, just let me know, I'll understand it.

Edited by pacman

• 2 months later...

They added a sales code - LMN - but the one needed for DRL in the US market is LMK, which does not exist in your VIN database. Sorry that I'm unable to help you. Your dealer did indeed try to make them work.

I received an inquiry from someone who claimed that LMK was ordered at the factory but the lights did not work, so I checked. No LMK code in the factory database, but lo and behold, it's back on the dealer side. I added it to his VIN. Just for giggles I rechecked your VIN and guess what? It's now there for me to add. I did just that. Take your Journey back to the dealer and have them perform a vehicle restoration and the DRL will work. :)

OK, folks - very strange...but it *seems* that Chrysler has quietly re-enabled the dealer's ability to add sales code LMK to the options list so that DRL will work. I just tried it tonight on three different VIN's and it is there once again. Very odd, and totally un-announced...but if you want your DRL to work, you can take it back to your dealer and have them add the code and restore the vehicle configuration to make them work :)

I'm going to take a drive to my Dealer today, and see what my Service Writer has to say about this now. I'll keep you guys posted.

EDIT. I just called my Dealer. The Service Writer had to look in 2 areas to find the LMK Sales Code. It is under Dealer Installed Items. He found it listed for my VIN. They will attempt to turn it on, on Monday Jan. 26 @ 1 PM. He is going to put it through under warranty. I will let you know what happens.

Edited by dhh3