What is everyone Paying and what did you buy?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you contact the Auto Club (AAA) they have deals with a lot of dealerships to get AAA members special prices. Our local dealer's agreement was to sell at $400 above invoice. Then take the $1,000 rebate, and we got ours at $600 below invoice. No hassle, no negotiation, and we ordered exactly what we wanted.

Rick

We got an SXT with Flex seating, would have liked a few more options but we didn't want to wait 2+ months for delivery. MSRP $27570.

Talked to 1st dealer with $4000 down on 24 month lease 368/month, taxes in. :shrug:

Talked to 2nd dealer, where I told him about the corporate partner discount I have, same down/term 278/month taxes in. :D

I don't remember what the buyout is and the invoice is temporarily missing, but the finance sheet total including destination etc, lits the price at just over 24000.

Won't be buying this one out, if reliability is good will buy a new one with more toys, if not we will be looking at something other than Chrysler again.

Our RT ended up priced at about 32k. A bit high now looking at what some others got.

But recently i saw another go for 30k so we signed for 1or 2k more.

The leasing basically works that you get 20.00 off the monthly payment for every thousand you put down so if you want to keep the car you can put more down and pay a smaller payment.

If you plan to hand it back then I suppose get the best price you can and payment you can afford.

We leased for two years with a buyout of 22k. We looked for a car on the basis of keeping it and the leasing rates were so low we did that instead of financing the whole thing just in case it turned out to be a real lemon but so far we are very happy with it.

The Stewie

• 6 months later...

Here in California I got what would be a killer deal around these parts.

First i found a car that was a buyback from the MFG. because the delaer that originally had it went bankrupt. It only have 8 miles on the odo. Now here in CA, if the car is bougt back by the Manufactuer because the dealer is going Bankrupt, the new dealer that the MFG sells it to must in turn sell it as a used car, even though it has never been titled.

So it was originally stickered at a mark up price of $33,000.00 MSRP was jsut under 30,000. I got it, with lifetime warranty, for 18,800.00 (this is all in American Dollars)

It is fully loaded...it is the 3.5 liter FWD SXT 7 passenger

The only thing i do not have, is NAV, Digital climate control, back up camera, DVD system or Leather seating.

But all in all, even if the MSRP and mark up is a little high, the end price result was killer.

• 2 months later...

We have ours on order through Overseas Military Sales Corp and it is a 2009 R/T Journey AWD. It comes with:

1. Chrome clad wheels

2. Convenience Group II

3. Flexible Seating Group

4. Trailer Tow Prep Group

5. Family Value Group

6. Power Express Open/Close Sunroof

7. Entertainment Group #2

8. Rear Seat Video Group I

Ok, seriously, we have been out of the continental US for 7 years and wonder if this is really a good deal.

Total out the door (before tax/tag/title & downpayment) $29,910

Since we are out of the country, I am able to do all the internet shopping I want, but I can't really go toe-to-tow with a salesman. Our intent is to pick up this vehicle when we come in to be re-assigned to the US. If someone could tell me that this is a decent deal considering the options, that is all I need to stop my stomach from trying to tie itself in knots. Then the bonus is that we can pick up our car without having to haggle for a better deal.

Thanks in advance.

We ended up financing $24,000 and putting $5000 down on the SXT. But we were about $9000 upside down in our van that we traded in so we knew it would be about that. This dealer actually got us the best deal and our van was about to run out of warranty and had alot of things going wrong with it.

• 1 month later...

Out in Arizona over the Memorial day weekend most of the dealers were offering 30% off MSRP. But I did one better. A dealer had an ad car for 10k off MSRP. It was an SXT black with dark interior. The MSRP was 26k. We traded our 2004 Nissan Murano SL AWD, loaded, for 12k. We get it home and realized that the car was built in August 2008! We are very happy with the deal and the car.

i bought mine @ the end of feb this year (09). i bought r/t awd fully loaded.

Chrome clad wheels

Convenience Group II

Flexible Seating Group

Power Express Open/Close Sunroof

Entertainment Group #2

Rear Seat Video Group I

i didnt get the Trailer Tow Prep Group and Family Value Group.

sticker was 35,5xx someting. and financed 28,295 with taxes. and trade in that i got 6,000 for but owed 3,000 and i put down 1,500 cash.

Just got my Journey in last week.

It's a black R/T FWD with:

Safe and Sound Package

Chrome Clad Wheels

Flexible Seating Package

Sunroof

The sticker was around 31000. I ended up buying it last Tuesday from a dealer that was closing and paid just under 21000 without a trade in. It was a great deal and so far I love the car!

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased 5/11/09 here in Idaho -

2009 SXT -

Convenience group 1

Premium Convenience Group

Exterior Appearance Package

Trailer Tow Prep

Sticker of $25,500

Price after rebates and discussions - $16,950

Dealer had it sitting on the lot a while, probably would have been gone a lot sooner if they would have ordered it with a moonroof.

Total price including TT&L - $18094.34

• 11 months later...

:banghead: These are all great deals, but my resale value is tanking. :censored:

At least you own a product that is still being made. When Saturn shut down last year the prices stayed

up okay, but I bailed out of my 08 Astra while it still had re-sale value left. The dealer gave me a great trade in towards

my Camaro, and that care is keeping it's value VERY WELL. The dealer kept my car on the lot and had it from October

till March of this year. They sold it for less than they gave me for trade in. That is how bad the values tanked on that car.

I know buying new is not the ting to do, but I keep my cars for at least 9-10 years and I get a pretty good dollar

for them when I sell them off used. I doubt I break even, but I think I save a little over the course of the years

and I know my wife and I won't get stuck with an odd breakdown.

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...