What is everyone Paying and what did you buy?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was curious to know what everyone else is paying for their Journeys and what everyone is buying.

Mine is R/T AWD loaded, 30K. stickered at 34K.

I bought a R/T FWD loaded (just missing AWD, NAV, and 3rd row seat) that was stickered at $30,500 - negotiated down to $26,000 and was extremely happy with the deal!

I bought a R/T FWD loaded (just missing AWD, NAV, and 3rd row seat) that was stickered at $30,500 - negotiated down to $26,000 and was extremely happy with the deal!

Well, the salesperson originally came back with a price of $22,500 - which shocked the crap out of me. I took it right away with no negotiating. While filling out the credit app he came back QUICKLY and said the finance guy screwed up and look up a Pacifica instead! Luckily, there was a great promo on the Pacifica at the time and the $22,500 they offered me was $4500 off the Pacifica's sticker price. I said if they wanted to keep me then I wanted the same deal on the Journey - and they did it! (I am near Indianapolis, Indiana)

I assume everyone got the 1k rebate, as did i, and then i just pushed them to do better, they eventually said they would give me the preferred pricing, i asked to see the invoice, it had the invoice price, then preferred price, then employee price. If i remember right, the employee price was about another 1k off.

steve

FWD SXT Inferno REd

Options include:

Sunroof

Flex seating (3rd row)

Appearance package (roof rails and 19" wheels

Convenience group I

Safe and Sound Group (My Gig w/ backup camera)

Towing Prep Package

Price: $23,500

Finally driving it when it comes in: Priceless

• 3 weeks later...

<---Newbie 1st post

Woo Hoo!!

Ordered our Journey on 4-22-08

Told it will be delivered in 6-8 weeks

Ordered Inferno Red SXT AWD with Flex Seating, tow prep & Conv Pkg 1

Got the 1K rebate and since my brother is a 5 Star mechanic, got another $1k off

Worked on the price some with the dealer and finally agreed on a price

Final cost before trade in or down payment is $23k. Not bad

With our Down payment we're financing $18k. Got a 4.9% finance rate from AAA.

We're pleased.

I haven't pulled the trigger, but I'm looking at an FWD SXT with Flex seating, entertainment group, prem conv. group. I got quoted at uhh $537/month everything included.

I'm in Ontario, Canada

You can do better, I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. SXT FWD, flex, enterntainment group 2 (nav/prem sound/sirus) Rear DVD, Prem Conv, chrome appearance pkg, its basically loaded minus sunroof.

436/month, nothign down but my first months payment (employee price) sticker was 32600, 29800 employee price.

I pushed for extra km and my sales guy said we'll do something when you take delivery.

$436 plus tax on top? How long is the lease? Just curious, thanks,

Angie

$436 taxes included, for a 24 month lease

Cost goes up the longer the term on these (because after 2 years the residual is high, hell it will only be a year old on paper when I turn it in in 2010) I dont plan to buy it out, not good on gas, hopefully by then I can get into a fuel efficient hybrid or Chrysler will start thinking more about MPG!!

$436 taxes included, for a 24 month lease

Cost goes up the longer the term on these (because after 2 years the residual is high, hell it will only be a year old on paper when I turn it in in 2010) I dont plan to buy it out, not good on gas, hopefully by then I can get into a fuel efficient hybrid or Chrysler will start thinking more about MPG!!

Are you located in Canada? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Yup, Ontario.

Do you have more info on this....like what the interest rate is and the residual after you bring back the car?

I went to see my dealer recently and for 24 month lease it was 490$/month the interest rate was 5.49% and the residual was 16,456 on a vechicle that was price at 24,200 + taxes.

Where in ontario are you...I'm up North in Sudbury and I find you get better deals near Toronto on identical vehicles.

Do you have more info on this....like what the interest rate is and the residual after you bring back the car?

I went to see my dealer recently and for 24 month lease it was 490$/month the interest rate was 5.49% and the residual was 16,456 on a vechicle that was price at 24,200 + taxes.

Where in ontario are you...I'm up North in Sudbury and I find you get better deals near Toronto on identical vehicles.

Interest rate was 3.99 I beleive, and the residual is just over 21,000 (high, but I have no intention of buying it out, just want a cheap monthly)

Sticker: 32800 (SXT FWD Loaded minus sunroof/tow/booster seats)

Employee Family Price: 29600

Lease: 436/mo taxes included 20k a year for 24 months with no money down, think I covered everything;)

A friend of mine's son just bought a Minivan down here (Leamington, ON) as he found he got a much better deal then dealing with the dealerships up north (he is is in Timmons)

Interest rate was 3.99 I beleive, and the residual is just over 21,000 (high, but I have no intention of buying it out, just want a cheap monthly)

Lease: 436/mo taxes included 20k a year for 24 months with no money down, think I covered everything;)

A friend of mine's son just bought a Minivan down here (Leamington, ON) as he found he got a much better deal then dealing with the dealerships up north (he is is in Timmons)

Thanks..

• 4 weeks later...

Got the basic SXT, front wheel drive. $22,500 and took the $1,000 rather than fuel. Added remote start here for those cold mornings in Michigan and hot days in the summer. Went in to look at it and drove it home that day. Also took the 999 month/999,999 miles service contract for extra $40 per month on the payment, but it is now covered from top to bottom, front to back on everything and it is a tranferrable warranty for $50.00 should I ever wish to not drive it and get a new one. NOT! :hysterical: Plan to drive it till it don't drive no more! Even though it is just the basic, it still has lots of options that alot of the other crossovers charge you extra for.

Love my Melbourne Green Journey!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We leased ours as well. a FWD R/T without Nav/dvd system but the rest. We do intend to buy it out unless it turns out to be repair prone so we put money down. If we walk away we lose a couple thousand but if we bought it we would be stuck with several years of payments while trying to sell it.

3.39 or 3.99 rate for the lease.. prime at the bank is 5% and most dealers finance at 6 to 12% depending on who you deal with so it was cheaper in the long run. Because we do plan to buy it out in full we dropped our payments to 250. You lose 20/thousand off the monthly payment for your car.

We are in Ontario as well, the dealers are pretty much sticking to the Chrysler pricing.. I called several and they were very close in pricing and some wanted money down before talking price.. don't do it you will not get it back if you don't buy.

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered my Journey.... yeah! I got exactly what I wanted because they did not have something with my options on the floor or nearby. The salesman gave me a great deal too.

Options:

Journey SXT FWD

Silver Steel Metallic

Flex Seating

Safe Sound Group

Convenience Group I

Trailer/ Toe Group

UConnect Communication

options list price

MSRP: $26575

Invoice: $24525

Paid: $22300

Just happy to get the options I wanted and can not wait to drive her home. Dealer told me 4-6 weeks from today, hope he is right. He has not let me down yet.

erbch